OBD RPM Display gauge

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
ereynold60
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: OBD RPM Display gauge

Post by ereynold60 »

I'm getting the same behavior in Overlay... I will export and send vehicle and lap to you Harry. I have set vehicle Max Torque, Power and RPM. My "Engine Display" looks correct, as noted by the OP, but Overlay is a solid green, with red from Max Torque to Max Power... or seemingly so.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

In case your Engine Display looks correct but the overlay doesn't, chances are good the vehicle selection is not the same: real time views use the current vehicle's settings (see Status button in top right of timer views), while overlays use the vehicle set for the respective lap. To check the later, select the lap from Lap List and check the vehicle setting.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
ereynold60
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by ereynold60 »

Harry wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:44 pm In case your Engine Display looks correct but the overlay doesn't, chances are good the vehicle selection is not the same: real time views use the current vehicle's settings (see Status button in top right of timer views), while overlays use the vehicle set for the respective lap. To check the later, select the lap from Lap List and check the vehicle setting.

- Harry
I only have one vehicle defined, and I've checked it is being used both in real-time and in lap list.... I've emailed you my exported vehicle definition and a raw lap for analysis.

The RPM gauge is solid green from 0 rpm up to max torque (4500 for me), then solid red from max torque to max RPM (7800 for me). It should be clear from 0 to max torque, green from max torque to max RPM, then red beyond max RPM. The original post also displays this phenomenon and appears to be Android screenshots.

I suspect a bug in the overlay code just using wrong color values??? I'm wondering if this happens only on Android?
ereynold60
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by ereynold60 »

Harry - I believe there is an error in using incorrect color vlaues for the segments of the RPM gauge in Android V22.1. See image below. The segments are correctly defined, but the color fills are incorrect. In v22.1 at the bottom, note the "redline segment" is still there in a lighter shade of red.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kfc49064swlkh ... e.jpg?dl=0

Also, if you look closely at the original post screenshot, you can see this "lighter red" segment from 5000-6000 RPM in his overlay screen, that matches what he is seeing in the Engine display screen.

In summary, the vehicles values are correctly defined... to me it is the overlay code that is filling the RPM gauge incorrectly.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Thanks for sending, I have found the problem. ;-) Will be fixed in LapTimer v23.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
ereynold60
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by ereynold60 »

Harry wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:40 pm Thanks for sending, I have found the problem. ;-) Will be fixed in LapTimer v23.

- Harry
Thanks Harry.