LapTimer stops registering laps mid session

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
CptMantastic
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

LapTimer stops registering laps mid session

Post by CptMantastic »

I am running on an iPhone X, ios 12.0.1 using Grand Prix edition v 22.1.3

During my track day at ViR Full this weekend I was recording using the forward facing camera and after the 8th lap of every session, the timer/data function would stop. I continued to record video, so I have raw video of laps 9-15 for example, but no data is captured to accompany it. Any help is appreciated as I know I missed some of my fastest sectors due to this.

Thanks!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: LapTimer stops registering laps mid session

Post by Harry »

Please start with creating a backup: Administration ‣ Databases ‣ Backup. Next, run Check Data from here. If successful, this will clean up any database corruption that may generate issued with recordings. I have not received reports like this otherwise, so I assume it is specific to your configuration. Please make sure you have plenty of free memory. In addition, always mount the device like shown in illustration #3 and #4 of LapTimer's Quick Reference.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
CptMantastic
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by CptMantastic »

Well, I have over 200gb free so I don’t think it’s a space issue and I always run as shown in illustration 3 (mounted to my harness bar).

Ran the backup and check data; which gave me a message of no conflicts. Unfortunately I won’t be on track again for a few months due to winter, so hopefully this is it...
Imashio
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Imashio »

Hello,

I faced same issue. (I created post, sorry for making multiple post for same issue...)

The session has 10 laps in 30minitues, but I got 4 laps data in “Lap List”. And, video was recorded overall sessions.

I also have enough space, and database has no problems.

My environment is,
iPhone SE / iOS 12.1.4
Harry's Lap Timer v22.1.4
External GPS - XGPS160

I confirmed status was all green before start.

Thanks a lot.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

This is hard to analyze after the fact. As an example, it is possible the smartphone / XGPS connection blocked or dropped somewhere after lap #4. Please see if it happens again. Whenever you see the s/f is not recognized any more while driving, keep the system running like this. When back in the pits, press Stop to store the recording since the last s/f detected successfully permanently (Incomplete Lap). This multi-lap recording can be split into laps afterwards. Do not use Cancel in a situation like this, because this will purge everything after the last full lap. In case LapTimer stops detecting s/f because it does not get data from GPS anymore (broken connection etc), this will not help.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Imashio
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Imashio »

Thank you for your reply and advice.
The connection between iPhone and XGPS160 was not disconnected. Because I can confirm GPS device was “XGPS160” in HLT’s “GPS” menu when I stopped in pit.

Please tell me one more thing.
I have to make iPhone’s notifications to OFF?
Email notification seemes to be happened during session.

Regards,
Imashio
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, the advice is to change all notification to “Banner”. This notification type does not interrupt LapTimer. You find notification settings in iOS’s Settings app.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Imashio
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Imashio »

Hello.

I solved this problem. The measurement data by external GPS is smooth and useful for analysing my laps.

Thank you for you help.

Regards,
Imashio