Missing videos

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
deco
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Re: Missing videos

Post by deco »

yeah, I see the .pdb files, but don't know how to match then with my video file nor how to extract info out of them.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Missing videos

Post by Harry »

As stated above, the only way to look into the PDFs is using LT and its exports. If both do not show the laps, they are not in the pdbs... Sorry.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
deco
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by deco »

np, thanks:)
T4nkcommander
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by T4nkcommander »

This just happened to me 10 minutes ago with all five videos from my last session. I was going to start overlaying the last lap, and now none of them show up, even tho I can see them in the proper file location. HLT seems to have forgotten the external SD drive exists, but I can't add it in the databases, nor can I relink any of them (tried every option I could think of, get the error message, but never a prompt to fix).

Edit: Formatting the SD card as internal and copying files to the default location doesn't work. HLT sees the videos but refuses to let me link them in any way. Reformatting as external and hoping it will pick it up again, although I'm not sure how I'll link since the app won't let me do so currently
T4nkcommander
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by T4nkcommander »

Update: Well, now HLT recognizes my external SD with the videos on it, but refuses to let me do anything with them. I can add them as PIP, but I continue to get the "Error: Cannot find video selected, it has probably been moved or it has been deleted. Offline videds need to be transferred and re-linked to the smartphone before accessing them".

That'd be great provided the app would let me relink the videos instead of just telling me I need to do so. I have no option to purge the old video link and correct it.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

It is impossible to help without getting more specific. From the description I cannot see where your are and what you are selecting. Please try to get yourself in the position of the reader. Furthermore, please open a new topic instead of using multiple old threads not related to the problem you are facing. Thanks for your understanding.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
T4nkcommander
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by T4nkcommander »

Apologies; figured it would be better to keep similar issues contained to one thread rather than open a new topic.

I ended up clearing the videos off of the card, copying them back on and ensuring the names were what HLT expected, and it seems to have fixed the issue. I think the user should be able to specify the video path rather than being forced to accept what HLT originally wrote, or at least be able to delete the link and then add it back in. As it was, the video selection was effectively bricked, not allowing me to do anything with the master video except view the error message.