Triggers not working since v22 update

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
nick964
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Triggers not working since v22 update

Post by nick964 »

Everything was great until I updated the app in mid-August. Since then the app hasn’t been correctly trigging the start/finish at autocross. Two others, that I know of, are having identical issues coinciding with the app update.

I just spent this afternoon updating to ios 12.1 and trying every configuration possible with no luck. I’ve tested two competing apps and they both trigger perfectly. Can I back-date to the pre-August version?? I’ve now had several events with useless data.

iphone 8
ios 12.1
Grand Prix 22.1.2
xgps160 2.4.5

I’ve tried narrow/normal corridors, setting the compass direction, and nothing fixes the problem. Attached photo was one of my practice tests today. Timing didn’t trigger until well after the finish line poi!
65E2028F-2FE5-4E97-ABB5-D9DEAA6041DA.png
65E2028F-2FE5-4E97-ABB5-D9DEAA6041DA.png (62.41 KiB) Viewed 1354 times
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Triggers not working since v22 update

Post by Harry »

As described in release notes since 22.1.0, we had two biggie releases to fix issues which occurred for some tracks. Version 22.1.2 you have installed now should work fine.

I‘m sorry for any inconvenience.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

PS: please run Check Data from Administration / Databaes to make sure any inconsistencies get fixed before your next track day.
Image Image Image Image
nick964
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by nick964 »

Hi Harry, thanks for the reply. The screenshot above is with v22.1.2. It definitely isn't working fine for me. I had already run admin>check data prior to testing v22.1.2 last week. Initially it response with "Database checked, no problems discovered." Then after a delay on that screen, this pops up: "4-recovery database(s) found. Purging all but the 3 most recent will free up 2 MB of memory. Please do not purge old recovery databases in case you have no other backups created." After tapping "purge old", I run the check data again and the "no problems" and "purging" menus repeat. The purge doesn't appear to accomplish anything.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The purge thing is not related to database problems. It simply says you have more than 3 backups stored and probably want to do some housekeeping.

Please export your full database to .hlptrl (Lap List ‣ Export ‣ Export Data ‣ Scope: All, Format: .hlptrl and send it to Harry@gps-laptimer.de. I will check if I can see any pattern or issue not discovered by Check Data.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image