[SOLVED] v15 keeps crashing

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Scott231
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Unresolvable problem in database: crashes after v15 inst

Post by Scott231 »

Just wanted to update that I freed some memory and installed the 15.1 update that was released yesterday and it resolved the problem and successfully imported my old lap data. In my case, no need to manually move the files.

Thanks Harry!
2008 Chevrolet Corvette
1987 Buick Grand National (10.22@ 131 running E85)
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Unresolvable problem in database: crashes after v15 inst

Post by Harry »

Yes, my current assumption is that this is directly related to memory. The 15.0.1 does not change this area, so it is the former.
I will continue making LT more robust to low memory situations...

Thanks for the feedback.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
jbxea1gt
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

V15.01 Crashes once on track

Post by jbxea1gt »

Harry - I am runnling HLTP pro with the Dual XGPS and OBD Link wifi on an iPhone 4. The ap seems to function on Pit lane in timer mode, but once I am on track it crashes. When I look for the data, it has recorded no laps. It has worked flawlessly on this track in the past. I tried downlaoding the track again but with the same results. Any ideas?
ted996
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: V15.01 Crashes once on track

Post by ted996 »

Harry - I am running LT ( ver 15.0.1 ) with all added options on a 3GS with 17GB avail mem with Tom Tom Kit, Runing in Autocross mode with video on. Set the start line and finish line and they show approriatly on the map overlay - Although same flag pin used for both - it would be better if the start flag was green to confirm correct setting. in any case I also was experienceing the system chrashing just after crossing the start line. No error shown just exited out of the app to the home screen. It was raining so maybe GPS was spotty. Also was running in Landsacpe mode since Tom Tom Kit blocks part of image in portrait .

any ideas??
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

For both of you:

Please check your database consistency first: Lap List -> button "Check Data" in the bottom.
Please send the crash logs most probably available on your iPhones. Here is a short description how to:
http://aplus.rs/apple/how-to-find-crash ... sta-and-xp

Please mail using the email function.

I plan to release a further but fix release soon, so I'd really like to catch these too.

Thanks and sorry for any inconvenience.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
theinz
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by theinz »

same here Harry

i can see an error on screen but can't stop to read it then it closes lap timer all together

I am sending logs
gggbell
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by gggbell »

Harry - Just back from 2 days at the track. The new Lap Timer Pro release running on my 3GS with a Dual XGPS 150 only worked for 20 minutes. I re-downloaded the track several times (I have previously had great results on this track). Here's the details:

This is my first time out with the Dual GPS (I'm running the firmware update for 5 Hz and Lap timer was showing 4.8 Hz so I know that worked). My problem is the app (Lap Timer Pro) crashing: It did work for one session, the next time I had an error message and no laps recorded. Then, whenever I started the app it came up to the acknowledgement screen and immediately closed. Now, I can't even poke around in the app to provide any more details for you because it crashes before I can touch the screen. I've been successfully running with an OBD Link Wifi, and the Tom Tom mount in the past. I have the Tom Tom "forgotten" in Bluetooth settings so that shouldn't be a problem. Any ideas? I can't figure out any way to download the app again either since Apple thinks it's installed.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

In case your LapTimer does not start up (shows splash screen and finishes again), you may retry several times - most of the time it should come up then. The reason behind this behavior is LapTimer finds an inconsistent database and starts to work on the last status. This takes a while - often too long for iOS to accept the startup time. iOS limits the time apps have available for startup... Trying several times will work out at some point in time.

I'm just preparing another bug fix release (15.0.2) to work around both the startup problems and the database inconsistencies. I have now found the root cause for the crashes yet, so sending me your crash logs is helpful (see link above).

Please check viewtopic.php?f=8&t=529 for manual recovery actions.

In case you want to get you hands on the bug fix release fast, please send an email including your device's UDID. I will return a patched version that will most probably both start up and recover to a consistent state.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
lmcgrew79
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Tested V15 all weekend and some issues

Post by lmcgrew79 »

Same thing again this weekend. I shut down and restarted the phone each time before going on track. Also using emprum gps. Started lap pro timer, then plugged in ultimate gps, got satellite signal.
Collected only data in one 20 min session, worked fine.
Collected data and video in another session worked fine.
Last 20 min session, was trying to get video and data and only got data for the first 3 laps, then nothing on the remaining 6, and an error i seen on screen. I did receive a phone call while on track then it looked to cause an error, i didnt read it as i was on track. Im really thinking this is a memory problem, of some sort?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tested V15 all weekend and some issues

Post by Harry »

lmcgrew79 wrote:Harry, a few times this weekend the v15 seemed to have issues. Some sessions would not recorded data. I either go to assistant then racer or timer, then select video, at that point it says will start recording once the start finish line is passed. So everything seem to be working fine sometimes it would record the session with data, others i found later just seemed to record the whole video, which i found by looking thru the select video area. I didnt think it recorded anything but apparently it did, just no data.
I have chosen the quotation above, but there are several others that relate to the same issue.
It seems I have found the problem that created the the issues named:

Problem is that LapTimer crashes at the end of the second video recorded lap if the initial lap has been triggered by a stop/go (instead of go) trigger. Oddly, I did not have this case in my - or my beta tester's - test cases... And so we missed the bug... As this operation is probably a very frequently used one, this creates quite some issues currently. I have a fixed version available now and will submit it to Apple asap (after having run some additional tests). I will post this to the announcement section in parallel.

Can't say how sorry I am this made it to production. I will try to be as fast as possible.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image