Hillclimb - Configuring track

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
dominator293
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Hillclimb - Configuring track

Post by dominator293 »

Harry,

Our local hillclimb track isn't listed in your app, so I was going to configure it manually using the AutoCross item to do it. However the way our track is laid out may be a lot different to others in the way the start and finish lines react.

Start: You need to break the starting beam before staging (whether this be with a burnout or driving through the beam and reversing back up). So I imagine harry's would start the lap as soon as the beams broken for the first time if I set that as the start position which I don't want to happen.

Finish: The finish line is different to the start line, and you actually cross the finish line twice over 1 lap (it's a round course and you cross the finish line once about 10 seconds into the lap, then come around again to record your final time). How would I calibrate Harry's to not finish the lap once the finish line is past for its first time?

Thanks in advance,
Dom
mx5sprinter
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Hillclimb - Configuring track

Post by mx5sprinter »

I have a similar issue - my events usually have a single start line from which we do a standing start. The finish line is often crossed twice before the clocks stop. Is this a supported configuration?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

You can change the stop trigger to a stop/go trigger. This will finish a "lap" when crossing the line, but start another one instantly. This means you will get two "laps" for one run and need to add up times. But better than nothing I guess. A feature request on triggers firing after a certain number of crossings is on my list but will be cumbersome to handle for most.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
mx5sprinter
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by mx5sprinter »

Interesting. Will it cope with lap deltas given that lap 1 will be a different length and slightly different route to the other? The start line is crossed just once, but the finish twice.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Lap to lap comparisons will make no sense.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
mx5sprinter
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by mx5sprinter »

Thanks for the clarification. Doesn't look like the product is much use to me then.
PitrsRS
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by PitrsRS »

Hi, any news about it? I tried to create a small hill climb track on one abandoned public road near city. But unfortunately I can't figure out how to do this properly.

I'll try to explain how I try it:

I stopped car at "starting point", then I defined starting line. After that, compass appeared, so I confirmed direction and then I start driving. At the end of the "track" I defined finish line, also with direction. Until this point everything looks good. Then I wanted to test it in real time, and problem appeared.

When I passed starting point. Timer started, but after 5 seconds it stopped and I can't figure why. When I started it manually it worked until the proper finish line.

Lately when I checked tracks parameters and i looked at map. Track had 2 finish points, but I defined only one of them.

I don't find any option how to delete that "middle" finish point. Is it possible to do that?

Thanks for your time
2016 SEAT Leon CUPRA 290 ST

HLT Grand Prix (Android) + OBDLink LX BT + XGPS160 + GoPro 11 Black + GoPro 7 Black
PitrsRS
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by PitrsRS »

Or, it's possible to create a track for example in Google earth and then transfer it into HLT?

HLT Grand Prix (Android) + OBDLink LX BT + XGPS160 + GoPro 11 Black + GoPro 7 Black
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Have you defined a standing start or a regular start trigger? The later need to be passed at speed, you can’t set it in the staging area.

You can delete triggers from a track set by going to Lap List, scroll to your track, and select the User Track Set row. In this view, you can delete a trigger using the platform delete operator (swipe or long press).

Harry
Image Image Image Image
PitrsRS
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by PitrsRS »

I thought it doesn't matter when I'm creating new lap if I'm in motion or standing still. It starts in beginning of sharp turn so it's not much comfortable or safe to touch phone while driving :-\ I'll try to get someone next to me in car and we will try it again.