Empty lap stored after manual timing

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
schluerfi1978
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Empty lap stored after manual timing

Post by schluerfi1978 »

Hi,

not sure whether I found a bug or whether I'm doing something wrong.

I'm trying to log my driving on e.g. Sunday drives with HLT. To do so, I turned on the manual start-stop-option in the settings menu. When I use the start button in the timer view, the clock starts to run, and I assume that HLT is logging. However when I stop the timer again, HLT only stores an empty lap with 0:00 time. I tried selecting a track as well as "Undefined" before starting the clock, but anytime I'm getting the empty lap.

Any idea what is wrong? Latest version of HLT 22 Grand Prix on Android.

WBR,
Michael
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Empty lap stored after manual timing

Post by Harry »

Hi,

This probably means you had not GPS position? Please check you have granted permissions to LapTimer. Manual Timing limits recordings to GPS time stamps currently. So usually you will get a multiple of 1s currently. Getting zero probably means you had no GPS position at all. The one second limitation will be fixed soon.

Is there a reason you used manual timing at all? Usually you load or define a track and let LapTimer do the rest.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Sonertial
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Sonertial »

I am also experiencing this on iOS, not just 0:00.00 values but also completely erroneous values up to minutes out. It is related to GPS signal presence/quality.
schluerfi1978
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by schluerfi1978 »

Hi guys, the problem vanished when I had good GPS quality! Thanks for the hint!