iOS 12 and strange behaviour

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Sonertial
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: iOS 12 and strange behaviour

Post by Sonertial »

Some good news. I am able to record video and lap times both manually triggered and automatic.

The main problem is me, but there are genuine technical issues.

The problem is related to the Video Preview. I always run in Video Preview mode because of the easier visibility, tappability and the iPhone OIS video issues which I fix with a magnet. The iphone has a tendency to jump out of focus, especially in rain or setting sun, a quick tap on the magnet usually fixes this - but I need to see the picture. Historically I would always forget the magnet or forget to turn on video when I didn't actually have the picture in front of me. Stupid me had almost forgotten that it was possible to run in another mode. The normal mode.

All the problems I've outlined in the posts above are only applicable when using the Live Video Preview mode, apart from the Manual timing resolution and the occasional crazy triggers. So something about iOS 12 + Live video + Lap timing is borked. I have done some tests in Timer view, but I was reverting to that view after starting things in Video Preview mode.
redcar9
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by redcar9 »

I also had problems with it not triggering laps. I would be out for a 20 or 30min session and come back with 3 laps. The times were wrong a 2:30 was showing as 5:09, the OBDLINK MX WI-FI would work partially on some laps with nothing on other laps. The MPH was wrong, basically it was a mess. I have been using Harry's for years with an iPhone 5 and it worked great. I recently upgraded to iPhone SE, iOS 12.01 and this was the first time out with a clean install of Harry's. 22.1.1

uploading a video to youtube now.
redcar9
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by redcar9 »

Here is a video showing my iOS 12 problems
https://youtu.be/QN964rmuJCY