JB4 Connect Bluetooth

Discussion related to external OBD and other sensors
Ajoosten
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

JB4 Connect Bluetooth

Post by Ajoosten »

I switched from COBB to JB4 and unfortunately the JB4 highjacks the OBD connector when you have it running. I was running the KIWI and Harry’s LapTimer. Is there a way to get the JB4 Connect Bluetooth to work with Harry’s lap timer? Is this going to be developed?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: JB4 Connect Bluetooth

Post by Harry »

Any reference or information on this? Proprietary devices are only integrated from my side in case they are used in large numbers and in case I get dedicated support by the manufacturer.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
xradeon
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by xradeon »

Another JB4 user here!! It would be really nice that Lap Timer get all OBD data from JB4 bluetooth dongle. Most important because JB4 uses the OBD connection so no OBD dongle can be used at the same time...
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

In case the JB4 offers an interface for apps, someone may want to integrate it into LapTimer.
I have added a developer program that allows integrating arbitrary 3rd party devices:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4572

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Ninjaneer
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Ninjaneer »

I seems like it would be pretty easy to build a little dual-plug pigtail if you needed to hook up multiple OBD devices... just my 2 cents. It would be a great product to integrate with, though. I have run JB4 on every BMW I owned for the last 8-9 years. They make good stuff and have very active customer support.