Can't select vehicles

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
spjonez
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Can't select vehicles

Post by spjonez »

Hi when I try to find a new car by searching for "Porsche" the list ends at Mini and the autocomplete doesn't match what I've typed. I do have a Mini defined if that matters. I'm trying to add the Porsche Cayman S I just bought and don't want to manually enter every field. It's been a while but if I recall correctly if I select the car from the autocompletes LapTimer will fill in most of the fields for me other than the gear ratios. Cheers!

I'm using version 22.0.4.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Can't select vehicles

Post by Harry »

LapTimer’s own vehicle database is incomplete. As long as you do not use OBD, there is no need to enter data beyond the 5 or 6 fields in Vehicle Search. Just enter these fields and press New. Actually there is a description in this dialog saying exactly this.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
spjonez
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by spjonez »

When you say OBD do you mean something like a Kiwi 2? That's what I used with my previous car. I see the text you mentioned on the screen that has options for Make, Model, Year etc. I guess I'm surprised not a single Porsche is listed when the Make screen says, "Make of vehicle, e.g. 'Porsche' or 'Ford'". It's literally the first make listed in the app text :? Have you considered adding a share feature so users can contribute to your database?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Users can share vehicles already, we have 1600 submissions to quality assure currently. To get gear calculation and reasonable rpm ranges, please enter values in the Powertrain and Engine section.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
spjonez
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by spjonez »

Oh I didn't know I could share profiles. That's great. How do I share mine, do I send it to your support email address?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Once your vehicle is fully defined, you will be prompted to submit your definition.

Harry
Image Image Image Image