Android re-sorting data

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
jp.fox
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Android re-sorting data

Post by jp.fox »

Hi,

Half way through a track day on Monday, I went to open Harry's Lap Timer on my Samsung S6 and it tried (and failed) to resort the GPS. It now does this every time I try to open HLT and I've even tried turning the phone off and on! Haha I did a search and found a guide on how to resolve the issue for IOS devices but cannot seem to find the equivalent guide for Android, does such a thing exist?

Thanks,
James
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Android re-sorting data

Post by Harry »

Image Image Image Image
ckowalc
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by ckowalc »

I'm having the same issue. Halfway through an endurance race when the phone died. I charged the phone powered it on and started the app and the resorting gets stuck at 201500 of 201762.

The link does not work and I do not get a popup asking to open HLT. Suggestions?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

You open the link on your smartphone?

Harry
Image Image Image Image
ckowalc
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by ckowalc »

Correct, I'm using WiFi since the phone does not have cell service. I get a frowny face "404 page not found" screen with no pop up asking me to open.

Should I have the app already open on the resorting data screen or should the app open fresh from that webpage?

It seems like when I disconnect from Wifi and have the app already open on resorting data I can get that popup messgae to show up. However, it just goes to a black screen on Harry's LapTimer and does nothing.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Interesting, I can reproduce this with the latest version of Chrome. It looks like it does not respect the Android type deep linking fro apps... I tested another approach which is working: copy / paste the link http://gps-laptimer.de/laptimer/emergencystartup into a mail and send it to an account you can open on your smartphone. Open the mail once it arrives and press the link included. At least for my test device, this is allowing me to select LapTimer (or other of our apps) or Chrome.

Please kill LapTimer before touching the link. Otherwise, the app is sorting and will not allow the deep link interuption.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
ckowalc
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by ckowalc »

Thanks opening from email (Gmail) did the trick. Seems like it was a problem with the Chrome browser.
slowSpeedRacer
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by slowSpeedRacer »

Harry wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:00 pm Interesting, I can reproduce this with the latest version of Chrome. It looks like it does not respect the Android type deep linking fro apps... I tested another approach which is working: copy / paste the link http://gps-laptimer.de/laptimer/emergencystartup into a mail and send it to an account you can open on your smartphone. Open the mail once it arrives and press the link included. At least for my test device, this is allowing me to select LapTimer (or other of our apps) or Chrome.

Please kill LapTimer before touching the link. Otherwise, the app is sorting and will not allow the deep link interuption.

- Harry
Help! Have I lost my data that had not been backed up yet?
I followed the instructions in the above post, because when I start the app (Lap Timer Grand Prix, v 24.5.2, Android v 9 (the latest my phone accepts), Harry's says sorting GPS, counts to 37000 of 37143, and hangs. Now, Harry's opens, but shows only 7 laps, and none of my personalized user, cars, or anything. The 7 laps are demo laps. I backed-up Feb. 5 night, and had a long track day on Feb. 6th, but I could not make a backup due to the sorting hang error.

By the way, it also seemed like all or most recorder laps on 2/6 showed "invalid master file" or something like that, and I couldn't make any overlays.

I desperately want yesterday's video and data! I really hope you can help.

Best regards -
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The 7 laps are most probably the demo laps LapTimer comes with and restores when the current database is corrupted.
Please send the back you have to Harry@gps-laptimer.de I will check if it can be restored. The database backup includes lap data only. This includes links to video but not the videos themselves. So in case you get dangling links, the videos have been removed - for example by uninstalling the app.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
slowSpeedRacer
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by slowSpeedRacer »

Thanks Harry! It seems I have bigger problems with my phone. Lap timer files used to all be in the main phone memory under
\android\Android\data\com.harrys.laptimerpro\files\Movies
Now there are copies of .....Android\data\com.harrys.laptimerpro, and a bunch of other apps, on both the phone memory and the micro-SD mem.
So I am backing up files to my Desktop PC, and I guess I should move what Harry's files I have on the SD back to the right places in the main phone memory, right?
I'll send my last backup zip.
My videos (Harry's raw video files) all cut short at 10 min 36 sec (in Highest video res) and around 21 min when I switched to HD (lower res). Is this a phone issue, or Harry's ?