Google Play LaptTimer version

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Sportbiker
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Google Play LaptTimer version

Post by Sportbiker »

Lost my phone a month ago, had GrandPrix on it. Looking at my laptop Google Play shows that GrandPrix purchase correctly. But on my new phone (Samsung S9) the only purchase it shows is Petrolhead. Since I have a track day on Monday I will purchase the upgrade on the phone so I can link my GoPro for overlay if there's not an easy fix for this peculiarity. Incidentally, I have only one Google account, so this isn't likely an issue of me being on the wrong account on my phone.

Guess I'm assuming GrandPrix isn't sold on a per-device licensing model....

Thanks for anyone's insights or suggestions.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Google Play LaptTimer version

Post by Harry »

When reinstalling the app, please always start with the edition you see in PlayStore ‣ My apps & games ‣ Purchased. In case you had this edition upgraded later, repeat these upgrades from within the app (Administration ‣ Add-ons). I assume you purchase Petrolhead initially and upgraded it to GP later.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Sportbiker
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Sportbiker »

Yeah, figured that out before you responded and I'm just getting back to this. IIRC I actually bought the GP up-front so was confused by only having the Petrol version avail. But as you note, once I told the app to upgrade to GP it did so w/o cost immediately.
cedar02
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by cedar02 »

I lost my Samsung phone in the lake after years of using Harry’s Petrolhead on several race tracks. Can I retrieve the data as completed some backups.
Plan to repurchase the app if required.

Thx
mironkg72@gmail.com
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Please have a look into viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3341
It describes both how to reinstall the app and how to restore a backup.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image