How to rename custom new track?

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
svtdoug
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

How to rename custom new track?

Post by svtdoug »

If after creating a new track, (did not rename it as I was creating it), I want to rename the track, how can this be done?

Also, if I take a certified track and want to modify the splits, relocate and add splits, then this track is no longer certified and I can not longer see the challenges for this track. Is there a way to modify the splits and still see the challenges?

Thanks,

Doug
2018 Shelby GT350 - Leadfoot Gray with black strip
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to rename custom new track?

Post by Harry »

To rename a track, goto Lap List and select "Tracks" (Android: action menu, iOS: button in the bottom). This will give you a plain list of track names. Use the usual gestures to change the name from here.

When changing a certified track, it cannot be compared to laps recorded with the original set. So this is your own / custom track. In case you have "better" splits for an existing certified track, adjust it and send it for certification. Add a comment why you think your split definition should replace existing definitions. NB: we do change splits for existing track sets only in case we have missed an official definition.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
svtdoug
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: How to rename custom new track?

Post by svtdoug »

Thanks Harry.

I figured out the renaming. To be more accurate for future reference (for Android), you have to go to Lap list, then press the vertical dot, dot, dot button to get the menu, then select Tracks from the menu, which gives you a list of just the track names, then long press on a track name to get the Edit icon and Trash icon in the upper right, then select the edit icon, and then rename away. You description was accurate, just a bit backwards to follow.

Roger on the changing of Certified tracks. I'll do some research on Pacific Raceway to see what the "official" splits are.

Thanks!

Doug
2018 Shelby GT350 - Leadfoot Gray with black strip