Lost all GPS data - except 2 laps

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
e36Rob
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Lost all GPS data - except 2 laps

Post by e36Rob »

Hi there, hoping you can help guide me.

Had a great couple of days at Watkins Glen and recorded many laps. I was able to view all laps, and although there were minor hiccups (like some speeds said 999mph), it was all there. I went to export to another phone and in the process did something where it said some items were "fixed". After that, all GPS data was gone...except for two laps. Interestingly, the first lap without data has an avg speed of 999mph (a clue?).

I am running Grand Prix ver 21.2 on an iphone with a home-made GPS antenna, connected wifi to a go-pro. I did attempt to restore the DB according to some instructions I saw you post on a similar issue, but that was unsuccessful.

I am hoping it is a simple operator error, but fear the data is gone.

Thanks for any help you can provide!
Rob
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lost all GPS data - except 2 laps

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Make sure you have enough free space please. Data corruption is almost always due to memory shortage or a dying battery. Recovery will not work without plenty of space (say 0.5 GB) either. An avg. speed like 999mph mean the distance calculated for this lap is wrong. The cause for wrong distances are usually invalid GPS positions. It can be a sign of data corruption too.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
e36Rob
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by e36Rob »

Thanks for the quick reply.

The data recordings had been all there for all laps, it was after “fixes” were performed that they disappeared. There’s 1.92 gb of space and the phone was plugged in during recording.

Are there any other tricks I can explore?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The backups shown in Databases are all you can try. In case you cannot restore any of the backups, you can send a raw database. Due to v22 development, I need some extended time to run this manual repair.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image