Track lists don't appear on iphone

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
cjmani
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Track lists don't appear on iphone

Post by cjmani »

Hi Harry, I just purchased your app today after a friend showed it to me at Laguna Seca yesterday. I'm just starting to play around with it to get familiar with the app. When I search for Laguna Seca (or any other track name for that matter) the response is "no results". This happens no mater which track name I search for.

When first open the app on my iphone and select "tracks", a long list tracks is briefly populated on the screen, then disappears and is replaced with a screen called "add-ons". This appears to be a database search function, but when i type in even the best known of racetracks around the world, the response is "no results".

Am I doing something wrong? Must I download separately the list of tracks from your website? Please help...I have an iphone 4 with the latest 5.1 OS. It is not a hacked phone.

thanks,

Christian Mani from Cali
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Track lists don't appear on iphone

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Not sure what happened, but please just download the track list again: press the small reload button in the top left of the tracks view, a simple 'Update' should be enough.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
cjmani
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by cjmani »

thanks for the reply....

I've tried several times to both "update" and "full reload" but no tracks appear on the list.When I try to update, after a brief notice that the tracks are being updated from the server, the list remains blank. Is your server up and running properly? Not sure what else it could be as I have full network and cellular connectivity indicated on the phone.
cjmani
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by cjmani »

Ive also removed and reinstalled the app onto the phone 3 times, but still the same problem getting the tracks to populate on the phone.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

The files are hosted on a web server and it is up.

Do you receive any message when running the 'Update' process?

Please check both main and storage memory on your device.
Storage can be checked in Settings->General->Info
Main memory is best cleaned by restarting the iPhone completely (there are apps around that do this too).

Afterwards, please try again.

LapTimer comes with a track database preinstalled. So actually, after a clean install, the list should be visible without reloading it...

In case it still doesn't work, send a mail to Harry@gps-laptimer.de to do a step by step.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
zeusbap
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by zeusbap »

Hi Harry,

I dug up this old post because I'm having the same problem as the OP. I am at Pittsburgh International Raceway in PA, USA, and when I search "Pitt" only three track configurations show up. My buddy was here last week and he downloaded the POIs no problem and can still find the correct track configuration in the list (5 show up total, compared to my 3). I tried on my iPad and it didn't show up there either.

So I thought it might have been removed, but I just made my dad download the app for his Boxster S (you're welcome) and he can find it as well. What am I doing wrong?!?

We are running the Full Course this weekend, and I'm just going to load the North course POIs so it at least recognizes the start finish line for my last few sessions.
zeusbap
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by zeusbap »

For what it's worth...

What I see:
image.png
image.png (182 KiB) Viewed 2206 times
What he sees:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (110.44 KiB) Viewed 2206 times
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Press Cancel. In case you are using the Load Track assistant, you will see a selection "All" / "Near Me". In case "Near Me" is selected, only track near by are displayed - switch to all and the list of tracks shown will probably expand. In case this doesn't solve the issue, please goto Administration ‣ Add-ons and press the Refresh button in the top right. This will download the latest list of tracks available on the server.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
zeusbap
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by zeusbap »

Add-ons --> refresh did the trick. I learn something new about this app every time I use it!

Thanks for the quick feedback!