GPS SAMPLING RATE

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
tombartley
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

GPS SAMPLING RATE

Post by tombartley »

:roll: :?: :roll: :?: :roll: :?: :roll: :?: :roll: :?: :roll: :?: :roll: :?: :roll: :?: :roll: :?: :roll: :?: :roll: :?: :roll: :?: :roll: :?:

Does anyone know at what rate does the GPS sample with standard IPhone as used in Harry's Laptimer ???

I am tossing up buying an IPhone / Harry's Laptimer Pro or purchasing a Race Technology (UK) DL1 data logger
which will sample at 20htz.

It will be used for race track events where the sample rate is reasonably critical.

As I am not "the sharpest knife in the draw" on this subject, answers in Htz. would be best understood by me. :oops:

Cheers,

Tom.
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: GPS SAMPLING RATE

Post by bulls23 »

The internal Sensor of the iPhone logs at 1Hz. You can connect external gps devices which will support up to 5Hz at the moment:

http://www.gps-laptimer.de/Compatibility.html
tombartley
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Re: GPS SAMPLING RATE (Thanks)

Post by tombartley »

bulls23 wrote:The internal Sensor of the iPhone logs at 1Hz. You can connect external gps devices which will support up to 5Hz at the moment:

Thanks for the reply.....even though it was quite a while back...I eventually inherited my son's iPhone 4S
and downloaded HLT.....very impressed.....Finished one track day (25 laps) at Winton in Victoria, Australia.

Started looking at the data on the iPhone and then exported some ( no Video) to my Mac....however, after getting some data across ( lap times / splits ect ), I then sent some via Google Maps...it made it Ok, but on going back to HLT (" Lap List" ) everything had disappeared...no history at all...!!! :shock:

As you were kind enough to reply last time, in desperation I decided to ask you another question...can I retrieve the data on my iPhone / HLT, or has it gone to God..??

Cheers,
Tom.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

GPS SAMPLING RATE

Post by Harry »

Do you have a filter set in Lap List? Check the top left for a red Filter button. Red means "set" potentially reducing the laps shown.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

bulls23 wrote:The internal Sensor of the iPhone logs at 1Hz. You can connect external gps devices which will support up to 5Hz at the moment:

Actually, that's 20Hz with the VBOX Sport and 10Hz with the Dual XGPS160 (best value, IMO), both over Bluetooth. The Emprum Ultimate at 5Hz plugs into the auxiliary port. It's designed for the old 30 pin port, I don't know how well it works with a lightning to 30 pin adapter for the iPhone 5. The important point being whether the iPhone 5 will charge through the adapter with the Emprum plugged into a USB charger.
tombartley
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by tombartley »

Harry wrote:Do you have a filter set in Lap List? Check the top left for a red Filter button. Red means "set" potentially reducing the laps shown.

Harry
Thanks for the reply Harry,

I've gone to the "Lap List" window...Filter / Lap /Trackday/ Session/Year ( where my 25 laps at Winton Raceway used to reside)

The "Filter" was not highlighted in RED

Seems as if in transferring my data to the laptop, I have somehow managed to deleted it.

I'll keep at though.

Thanks,
Tom.