Exporting A Session with All Lap Data

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
msnare
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Exporting A Session with All Lap Data

Post by msnare »

When I export a single lap's data in CSV format I get a ton of detailed data including lat, long. speed, etc., at approx 1,300 data points (showing as 1,300 lines in Excel) in a 2 minute lap. When I export a whole session of laps, even a small session with 4 or 5 laps, I get a lap time, split times, and a few other bits, which show up as a single "summary" line per lap.

Is there a way to export a whole session and get the same detail I get with a single lap export? I know I could export each lap and merge the data manually, just hoping there is a more automated way.

If it matters, I want to import what I export into a tool like Track Attack that I can use to do analysis on my laptop, compare multiple laps, see multiple charts on same screen, etc.

Thanks.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Exporting A Session with All Lap Data

Post by Harry »

When exporting to CSV, LapTimer generates one or two files depending on the number of laps included:

1 lap: LapTimerGPSRecDB.csv
multiple laps: LapTimerDB.csv and LapTimerGPSRecDB.csv

LapTimerDB.csv (if exported) has a list of laps, while LapTimerGPSRecDB.csv always has the full details.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
msnare
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by msnare »

OK, so you are saying that the only way to get the full details for a multi-lap track session is to export one lap at a time and then either manually paste the laps together into a single file, or import them one lap at a time into another app. Have I got this right?

That works OK, but it would be a nice feature to be able to export full details of a whole session in a single export file. Thanks.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

No, what I'm saying is you need to look into the right file. ;-) Check LapTimerGPSRecDB.csv instead of LapTimerDB.csv. The later is an extra you get for multi-lap exports.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

If you can't remember which name is which, check the file size and open the larger one.
msnare
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by msnare »

Thanks. Works as you say when I try again. I must have been only selecting a single lap when I thought I was selecting the full session.