Can i try before i buy?

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
Toliski
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Can i try before i buy?

Post by Toliski »

Hello, i want that app to meassure my 1/4 of mile time. Can this app do this?
I try the Trackaddict but it cant connect to my external GPS.
I try the Racechrono, it connect to my external GPS but i dont like the app very much.
So can i try this app before i buy it?
Can i run 1/4 runs at any place any time like Trackaddict or i must to set points everytime that i change place?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Can i try before i buy?

Post by Harry »

Hi,

LapTimer requires you to set start and stop triggers currently. I plan to have an automatic setup (like for speeds) sometime, but I'm not sure it will be for the upcoming v22 release (Spring 2018). For Android, you can pass back any app purchased within 2 hours. This will be good enough to check if it is fine for you. For iOS, there is no such feature available. To get an idea of the look and feel of LapTimer, you can load Harry's GPS/OBD Buddy for free. It doesn't record however.

Btw. In case you are focussing on performance testing, Harry's Dyno will be the right app.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Toliski
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Toliski »

Harry wrote:Hi,

LapTimer requires you to set start and stop triggers currently. I plan to have an automatic setup (like for speeds) sometime, but I'm not sure it will be for the upcoming v22 release (Spring 2018). For Android, you can pass back any app purchased within 2 hours. This will be good enough to check if it is fine for you. For iOS, there is no such feature available. To get an idea of the look and feel of LapTimer, you can load Harry's GPS/OBD Buddy for free. It doesn't record however.

Btw. In case you are focussing on performance testing, Harry's Dyno will be the right app.

- Harry
I want to measure the 0-400 time.
The Dyno is the better app or the lap timer?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I'm sorry, that has been misleading. Once distance based recording (like 0-400) is supported, Dyno will be the right choice. For now, you need to set triggers at the start and finish line - which is a LapTimer only feature.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image