OBD logging to file?

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
Hardline
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

OBD logging to file?

Post by Hardline »

Can OBD data be logged to a flat file that can then be exported? I use Race Render 3 to merge multiple videos and datasources, and I have yet to figure out how to get a datafile out of Harry's. I've resorted to using my AccessPort as a datalogger, but in certain events, the AccessPort is not allowed.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: OBD logging to file?

Post by Harry »

You can export every recording to a number of data formats. Select a lap from Lap List and press the Export button (or distribution icon for Android). For overlayers, CSV is the format used mostly.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Tom991S
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Tom991S »

Just had a brake failure and crashed into a tire wall. Would love to extract the OBDII data (or GPS data) to figure out the speed at impact. Is there any way to do that? Given it was an incomplete lap (...) , it doesn't show up on the lap list....
Thanks
Tom
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Incomplete laps appear in Lap List. Whether an incomplete lap is created or not depends on the way you finish LapTimer recordings. When back in the pits (or somewhere else), pressing Cancel will purge everything from the last lap start to the end. This is usually the cool down lap. When pressing Stop, LapTimer will store that section as incomplete lap. In case you pressed Cancel / no incomplete lap is visible in Lap List, there is no way to recover the data up to the crash, I'm sorry.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Tom991S
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Tom991S »

Harry - thanks much, appreciate it! Looks like I must have just switched it off or hit cancel since nothing shows up in the lap list ...

Master brake cylinder seized up at 13:30 mins ...

https://youtu.be/LRcOSUMsykE

Thanks
Tom
jaytee
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by jaytee »

Watched your video - everyone OK?? Sorry about your car!

Any more detail into what happened with the brakes?