Can't control where videos are stored - SD card

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
svtdoug
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Can't control where videos are stored - SD card

Post by svtdoug »

Android user, LG G5. Can't seem to control where videos are stored. Some are stored on SD card, but most are stored in internal storage. I want all to be stored on SD card. How can I control this?

In video list, the files stored on SD card show "SD Card (emulated)" - with a path of '/storage/3163-16E2/Android/data/com.harrys.laptimerpro/files/Movies."
The files stored in internal storage show "SD Card (emulated)" - with a path of '/storage/emulated/0/Movies'. Why do both show SD Card (emulated)??

All the video files from yesterday's track session were stored in Internal storage... Maddening.

Thanks for any clues.

Doug
2018 Shelby GT350 - Leadfoot Gray with black strip
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Can't control where videos are stored - SD card

Post by Harry »

LapTimer selects the storage place when the app is started. The process is made up from identifying all possible and available places first. Next, the one with most space available is selected as the place to use for new recordings. The first section in Video List always shows this place. To force LapTimer to re-evaluate this selection, kill the app and start it again.

The identification of emulated vs. physical SD cards is device specific and not solved in general currently. I will revisit that item. Please ignore the qualification for now.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
svtdoug
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by svtdoug »

Harry, thanks for the explanation. It would be nice if there was a user setting to control where to store. That selection could be overridden if there was not enough room in the user's selection.

How can I determine on program startup where the app is going to store videos? So that I know to kill the app and restart?

Thanks much!
Doug
2018 Shelby GT350 - Leadfoot Gray with black strip
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The first section in Video List always shows this place
Image Image Image Image