Full session not exporting?

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
racepace
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Full session not exporting?

Post by racepace »

It looks like there is some issue internally with the app joining lap recordings. I noticed this when looking at the lap time sync view that the laps that don't render occur after mention of a "joined end":
IMG_5297.PNG
IMG_5297.PNG (185.79 KiB) Viewed 2205 times
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, as written in the other thread, I will investigate that for an upcoming bug fix release.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Brian54 wrote: Both sessions have been emailed to you.

Thanks!
Thanks Brian, I have been able to identify the issue.
It will be fixed for LapTimer v21.0.5 (both Android and iOS).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Brian54
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Brian54 »

Harry wrote:
Brian54 wrote: ...
Thanks Brian, I have been able to identify the issue.
It will be fixed for LapTimer v21.0.5 (both Android and iOS).

- Harry
Great, thanks Harry! Will the fix retroactively apply to already recorded sessions (eg will now be able to export/render the full session)? Or was it related to how the data/laps were captured?
racepace
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by racepace »

Awesome! Thank you Harry.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Existing sessions with more than 15 laps can be processed starting with version 21.0.5. Sync information between laps and session video is working fine for the production version. It is just that overlays are stopped after 15 laps and outer laps (starting with 16) will show up with an invalid zero sync point. NB: to use the long session overlay with v21.0.5, you need to revert any laps overlaid already. I.e. you need to return to the state you had just after recording.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Brian54
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Brian54 »

Harry wrote:Existing sessions with more than 15 laps can be processed starting with version 21.0.5. Sync information between laps and session video is working fine for the production version. It is just that overlays are stopped after 15 laps and outer laps (starting with 16) will show up with an invalid zero sync point. NB: to use the long session overlay with v21.0.5, you need to revert any laps overlaid already. I.e. you need to return to the state you had just after recording.

- Harry
Harry, now with v21.0.5 I get no exporting for these sessions at all (I had previously reverted the incorrect export prior to downloading the update). After I select all of the laps and hit the red Overlay button, nothing happens; the button background goes gray for a moment (like the system is trying to do something), then just stays at the Export dialogue box, where I can repeatedly hit Overlay with the same non-result.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

True, just discovered that issue. It occurs for Petrolhead on iOS. Independent from GoPro or not. Export / Overlay is a no-op. I will submit a bugfix release shortly. The only work around is using GrandPrix - but I don't want to recommend that. :-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Brian54
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Brian54 »

Harry wrote:True, just discovered that issue. It occurs for Petrolhead on iOS. Independent from GoPro or not. Export / Overlay is a no-op. I will submit a bugfix release shortly. The only work around is using GrandPrix - but I don't want to recommend that. :-)

- Harry
I can wait patiently for the release of the fix :)

Thanks!
GT350LAD
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by GT350LAD »

I have the 'Export / Overlay is a no-op' with GrandPrix edition on IOS. The red overlay button mocks me.