General Info App

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
manzoscorpio
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

General Info App

Post by manzoscorpio »

Hello!
Yesterday I bought application for my Android, but i don't understand something, about work with it.
Sorry for my bad English ... i try to explain my problems.

1- I don't find the my exactly car ... there are more with less kw or something change from mine, but i don't know if is it very important to use the app good.
2- if i create a new circuit (like 4 street around my house, only to try) then when i'll going in it with my car, can i record the data analytics, then put it on my GoPro4 video ? ... but not using the auto-recorder Harry's-GoPro sistem, i want to start recording from my House till the line of "start", going to finish, then return at home, all time recording video.

3- i need all time i'll go in circuit (like Nurburgring Nordschleife BTG) on my phone the data connection on ?

Thank you very much, sorry for my bad English.
Claudio
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: General Info App

Post by Harry »

1) Well possible, we are adding vehicle data continuously but are far from complete so far. Vehicle data entry makes sense in case you want to have a complete documentation of your car and want to use simulators included (e.g. the derived top speed), or in case you have an OBD adapter and want to get nice engine overlays. The later requires thing like gear ratios, max power and torque, as well as the rpm they are reached. For all other usages, simply add a nice name for you car and ignore the details.

2) Yes, you can record any video manually and add it to LapTimer later to get an overlay. The procedure is described in "Fantastic Video Documentation" available from www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation. Before you do that, I'd recommend to focus on data recording and make sure you feel confident using the basic lap timing functionality. Besides OBD, adding external footage is one of the more advanced topics and can get complicated.

3) In case you want to see your lap in LapTimer's Hall of Fame or want to download tracks while on track - yes. In case you load your track front up, you can operate LapTimer without data connection on site. But please do not use Airplane mode - this will turn off GPS too.

Finally, please go though the Quick Reference included in the app, mounting and positioning the device in particular.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
manzoscorpio
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by manzoscorpio »

Ok! Thank you so much :)

1- if i don't have an OBD compatible, but i want on the right side of the video KM/H - Gear - and RPM is possible?
2- i'm going to study that documentation, thanks :) !

i hope that will work fine when i'm in Nurburgring Nordschleife next week :) !

Have a nice day.
Claudio.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

1) No, all of the data in the bottom right is from OBD.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image