Video start time

Request and discussion on new / to change features
shepner
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Video start time

Post by shepner »

Would it be possible for LapTimer to start and include the video capture on IOS a few seconds before the start trigger point? It would be useful at the autocross events I attend. Also, this would be useful way to remove the bleached out image I have on all of my recordings. If it helps, I have an iPhone 6s

stephen
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Video start time

Post by Harry »

Not working for standing starts, but for regular starts you can start the video manually while staged. Either enabled the Manual Timing option in LapTimer's Settings (which will give you a start button in Timer View), or use the small red button in Video Preview. Doing this, you will get a video covering the time from staging to when you stop it again manually.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
shepner
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by shepner »

Yeah, Ive done that on occasion and hate doing it. At that point the last thing I want to do is to look through screens on my data logger for little buttons. Its distracting and far too easy to mess something up. I usually end up worrying about that and generally being somewhat distracted from what Im there to do.

stephen
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, I agree. I have an extension on my long feature requests list, but the above is all I can offer currently.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image