Golf 7 R

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
chrisb2507
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Golf 7 R

Post by chrisb2507 »

Hello,

I've got the piston head version of lap timer and an ELM327 wifi adapter;

I've been having issues, most likely caused by my lack of understanding but I would like to get them resolved...

I have the RPM data inputted but the whole bar goes red rather than just the little bit at the end, my gear doesn't show up despite sorting out the ratios, which I have had to double because 4th is higher than 3rd etc and my fuel gauge doesn't show up on either the overlay or on the separate addon for engine, I know the adapter is sending that information because I have been into the adapter and that is a set that it is sending...

Any ideas?
Regards,
Chris

ps I have been trying to look for a config for the 7R but have found nothing floating around.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Golf 7 R

Post by Harry »

To get valid displays of engine data, you need to configure your car individually. Both gear / drive ratios and the rpm of max power and max torque need to be entered to get valid rpm sections (green / red). We are behind with quality assuring vehicle definitions submitted by users. We have Golfs but they are way down the alphabet at 'V'. :-)

So please use your manual to find values required. And please make sure the named values are complete. Cars with two different drive ratios need to be recalculated. Details and an example can be found in viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3425

- Harry
Image Image Image Image