Video Delay Between Master & PiP

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Dubbedown
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Video Delay Between Master & PiP

Post by Dubbedown »

I know there are several threads on how to manually adjust/sync video to match lap times (data). But is that fix the same when there's a lag between the master video and PIP when overlaying a multicam scenario?

In my specific case (and not surprising) the master was taken with an external camera (GoPro 3+) and lags the PIP which was taken with iPhone 7 front facing. I noticed this when the iPhone video shows gear shifting occurring a second before the main external video.
Last edited by Dubbedown on Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dubbedown
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Video Delay Between Master & PiP

Post by Dubbedown »

FYI did just that by adjusting the external video and applying the change to the entire session. Worked out quite nicely...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xAJWL4uOmhc
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Great video, 60 fps is a nice feature... Even with an optimized video delay set, video can get slightly out of sync. It is influenced by lagging depending on device load for both the internal and external cam. Theses are no real time systems and they behave slightly different every time used. The only work around is some sophisticated dynamic syncing based on aligning rpm and audio channel or things like this. ;-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Dubbedown
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Dubbedown »

Thanks for the quick response. Your level of attention and promptness is why I love this app and tell everyone about it!

Random question and if the answer is no that's totally fine (i.e. This is not a feature request). Just curious but is there a way to adjust the focus or zoom when using front facing camera? I didn't bother trying during the preview but I assume it's fixed?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

This depends on your device. After selecting the right cam using the switch button in Video Preview, please select the Options button (top right) and find the button to lock focus and exposure. In case they are grayed out, the cam does not have the option to adjust the respective parameter.

- Harald
Image Image Image Image