Remove Gear from Display

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
swbca3691
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Remove Gear from Display

Post by swbca3691 »

I found a post on excluding ODB PID's . . is this the method to remove specific items from the overlay display ?

"Gear" is a calculated item, how can I remove it from the display ?

Does running a Bluetooth ODB sensor and Bluetooth GPS device at the same time impact the accuracy or latency of GPS data ?

Thanks
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Remove Gear from Display

Post by Harry »

For a subset of overlaid data, you find options to remove them in "Overlay Configuration" - the screen showing up when using the Export button in a lap's Video section. In iOS, these options are on page 2 (so swipe) while in Android they are down the list.

To remove the gear display, try to remove all gear ratios defined for your car (Administration ‣ Vehicle List). Not sure it works... Why do you want to remove the gear? Usually, it is an interesting item for analysis - even for automatic gear boxes?

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
swbca3691
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by swbca3691 »

Harry asked "why do you want to remove the gear display"

The RPM reading on my display occasionally jumps up to 20,000 RPM for a moment when actual is around 6400 RPM. This causes the rotary-arrow on "Gear" display to swing wildly which is distracting when watching the video. The RPM display is not a distraction when it goes off-the-charts because its digital.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

O.k., so it should serve as a workaround... I plan to introduce full scripting for external sensors in v22 (planned for Summer). Standard sensor integration will be migrated to scripted versions too. As an example, there will be an editable script to integrate ELM327 sensors. Besides allowing enhancements like custom PIDs, it will allow individual users to sanitize input not wanted for a specific car. In your case, you will be able to add a filter for this RPM peaks. Should be better than trying to work around data issues in the front end!

- Harry
Image Image Image Image