Go Point BTA1 not recognized by laptimer on Samsung Glaxy 5

Discussion related to external OBD and other sensors
porscheGT4
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Go Point BTA1 not recognized by laptimer on Samsung Glaxy 5

Post by porscheGT4 »

I purchased the recommended OBD adapter: Go Point BT1A for a Porsche GT4. The BTA1 app on the Samsung Galaxy recognizes the car after starting it. However, Harry's Laptimer does NOT show the BT1A sensor as recognized despite the fact that it shows up as an "available sensor". How can I make LapTimer "see" the data from the BT1A? I have tried this on a porsche 2008 GT3 and a porsche 2000 Boxster S; all with the exact same results: no data seen by Laptimer but the sensor is listed in the list of available sensors. When I attempt to reconnect to the sensor by resetting to the default sensor setting under the "i" icon, nothing new happens after "searching for sensor". Still no sensor avail. The Samsung has been updated to the latest software. Harry' laptimer was bought twice: once for an iphone 4s and now for the Samsung Galaxy 5 note. Please assist.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Go Point BTA1 not recognized by laptimer on Samsung Glaxy 5

Post by Harry »

Other than for iOS, you need to add the BT1 to LapTimer's Sensor List manually: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2463
In case you have paired the device and added it to LapTimer's Sensor List and it still doesn't work, please

1) make sure no other app accessing the BT1 is active (in background)
2) set LapTimer ‣ Administration ‣ Settings ‣ Expert Settings ‣ Accessory Tweaks / Force Insecure BT Connections ‣ ON

In case the later fixes the issue, please send a mail using LapTimer's Contact button to Harry@gps-laptimer.de and I will black list your device type for secure connections.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
porscheGT4
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Go Point BTA1 not recognized by laptimer on Samsung Glaxy 5

Post by porscheGT4 »

I performed the manual sensor addition several times previously without success but today it worked!? Not sure why LapTimer could not "see" the OBD device previously. Thanks.