MK2 no NMEA data

Discussions on all kinds of sensors (GPS, OBD, video/audio) and other accessories like mounts
MrBlah
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: MK2 no NMEA data

Post by MrBlah »

I just logged the mk2 to sd card, and I can see it has this column with valid data in it

Speed | "mph"|0.0|150.0|25
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

HLT may be case sensitive. Can you change "mph" to "MPH" in the mk2?
MrBlah
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by MrBlah »

attempted to but the log no speed data in the custom columns, all zeros. I posted the LUA over on the racecapture forum
MrBlah
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by MrBlah »

I have the speed channels working now, had to change lua a bit, but harry's laptimer still does not pick up the speed

hoping harry fixes this soon? Right now it's a 450 $ paperweight I'm afraid I'm past my return time
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

Does the Mk2 have direction channel? I'm beta testing the iOS RaceCapture app and it's not there even though the RaceCapture device is supposed to have a magnetometer as well as a GPS.

I see one of the bugs is that the RaceCapture device won't link GPS data to iOS Location Services either.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

As of firmware 2.7.9, RCPro II did not deliver direction. I will verify this for the latest firmware once I start working on RC again. For RCP, LapTimer derives direction from GPS position changes - which requires low passing due to the noise in positions delivered. The original value delivered by the GPS chip should be more instant because more sophisticated algorithms are applied.

Integration into iOS Location Services requires providers to go through the Mfi program. As ASL does not, it will work with RCP customized apps only. As RCP addresses a very special use case, and LapTimer makes up by far the biggest track app market share, this is probably acceptable, but it is a disadvantage of using WiFi instead of a BT Mfi integration.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

I've been bugging ASL on their forum about implementing direction channels too. They also don't think that integration with HLT is their problem. I think they're making a mistake. Their app has a long way to go to match HLT, which is also constantly improving.
MrBlah
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by MrBlah »

I asked for it too, at least in LUA so we can get the data out
MrBlah
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by MrBlah »

have there been any updates on support? I might try to downgrade my firmware to one that works with harry's laptimer properly.

first track weekend in 2 weeks! autocross
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I will not be able to publish any public updates before LapTimer v21 in Spring. The earliest option to get your hand on updates will be the beta - sometimes in late February.

Harry
Image Image Image Image