Crash/Reboot Home Screen Trying to Export Lap Data

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
ckowalc
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Crash/Reboot Home Screen Trying to Export Lap Data

Post by ckowalc »

This sounds similar to the topic in the link below but may be different. Everytime I would try to export data it would go back to the home screen (see video below). I tried the check databases suggested in that topic and it seemed to get most of the way through then crash during the checking. Then I tried to export data after that and it gave me the crash report screen. I've submitted the report with the description "Crash while exporting lap data" or something to that effect. Its about 50/50 whether it crashes or goes back to the home screen.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4067

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6THC-rcHpQA[/youtube]
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Crash/Reboot Home Screen Trying to Export Lap Data

Post by Harry »

Please try a different export format to narrow down the issue. So e.g. disable .csv and tick .hlptrl. In case this works, please send the .hlptrl to me (Harry@gps-laptimer.de) and I will check if I can reproduce the export issue for .csv. In case it crashes again, you will probably need to wait for v21 (or the beta started in January). It will come with a binary data export which should always work and allow a reproduction of the issue.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

P.S. I see the screen misses some icons - which may be due to memory issues. Please try a reboot and start the export again.
Image Image Image Image
ckowalc
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by ckowalc »

This phone is strictly used for track days/HLT so it's the only app that I have running. What missing icons are you referring to?

I tried exporting every format with "Mail" and none of them work. I've also tried laps I've exported in the past, still doesn't work. It seems like something to do with creating the export file or opening the list of places to send to (like Gmail, Default Mail, etc.).

The good news is that the Dropbox export still works. I hadn't used Dropbox in a few years so it just took remembering my login to get those files.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

So the problem is around the mailer setup or integration. Is your mail app operational, can you start the app and send mail from it?
Sample for missing icon: all tiles shown on the LapTimer screen (top level view etc) have an icon. The one for Administration is missing.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
ckowalc
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by ckowalc »

Harry, the Gmail app I use works well. I can send and receive emails no problem.

The export feature was working fine until v20.2.4. I noticed a message after first updating to this version that the app would not work without an internet connection (or something to that effect) which is the first time I ever saw that message. This phone has no data connection and nothing gets updated except for harry's lap timer over WiFi.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

A mobile data connection is not required. Please check permissions granted in Android's Settings app. Select Apps / LapTimer and make sure everything is ticked. Try again afterwards.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
ckowalc
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by ckowalc »

This phone is pretty old and running Android v4.4.2 and, from a quick google search, it seems enabling/disabling app permissions is only available on v6 and up. Here is the list of permissions:

EDIT: Checking the other thread it seems like he is running Android v4 as well. Maybe that is the issue?
Screenshot_2016-12-14-17-58-45.png
Screenshot_2016-12-14-17-58-45.png (113.12 KiB) Viewed 2808 times
Screenshot_2016-12-14-17-58-50.png
Screenshot_2016-12-14-17-58-50.png (109.04 KiB) Viewed 2808 times
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I have a Samsung III running some 4.x Android (somewhere) and will try to run a mail export.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, looks like an issue with older OS versions. I will fix this for the next release. As I am full on LapTimer v21 development already, this will probably take some time to get available. Not sure I can issue a separate v20 bugfix release here.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image