Backup does not work

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
chrissi1106
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Backup does not work

Post by chrissi1106 »

Hello everybody,

after the near lost of my laps I wanted to backup them via mail, but HLT does not send a backup mail to the provided mail adress.
I start HLT => Lap List => Export Button => All Laps as .hlptrl => click on Mail
After that I get a window showing "exporting laptimer...." and "send to mail" but then Laptimer crashes(?) and I get the welcome screen again. No mails were sent, I added my mail in expert settings as described in the how2.

Thank you very much!

Chrissi
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Backup does not work

Post by Harry »

Which platform (iOS / Android) and OS version? Do you have enough space available? Please run a Check Data to make sure your data is in good shape too, it is available in LapTimer ‣ Administration ‣ Databases.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
chrissi1106
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by chrissi1106 »

I m using android 4.2.2 and HLT v20.2.1 and got more then 5gb free memory on my phone. Check Data had found 2 errors and corrected them, but I cant still send me a backup mail.

Thanks
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Please make sure your mailer is setup (i.e. check if you can send mails through e.g. Gmail). Furthermore, make sure the storage permission is granted to LapTimer (Settings app).

Harry
Image Image Image Image
chrissi1106
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by chrissi1106 »

Gmail is setup properly and I can send mails to myself and other mail adresses. Did you mean those permissions? As far as I can see, everything is allright.

Thank you!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hmm, the only other option that comes to mind is to test what happens when switching the device to English language settings temporarily (and try the export again).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
chrissi1106
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by chrissi1106 »

I've updated to 20.2.2 today and set the device to english language but HLT keeps "crashing" and I get no mail. Any other thouhts? Dropbox seems to work, but to the fact that I do not have an account, I cant test that.

Regards
chrissi1106
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by chrissi1106 »

Hello,

just updated to 20.2.4 and the App still crashs when I want to send my data. No new ideas? :(

Regards
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Please post the precise device type (create a Contact mail from the startup screen, the model is shown in the row starting with "Product:". In case you have updated your Android version (4.2.2), please add this information too. I will check if I can find a crash log showing this issue.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
chrissi1106
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by chrissi1106 »

Hello,

I haven't updated Android and my device is still a HTC One S S4 with MaximusHD Custom Rom. What did you mean with "create a Contact mail from the startup screen" ?