c20.2 Crashes

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
angelok
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

c20.2 Crashes

Post by angelok »

I just updated to v20.2. I copied several 1080p 30FPS files captured from a pivothead eyewear camera to add to some laps (in post production, so no sensor connected). When I access the Analysis->Video List, Laplist -> edit -> Add Video, or do manage to add a video to the lap the app crashes. It takes about 10 seconds after accessing the screen. Running iOS v10.0.2 on an iPad mini.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: c20.2 Crashes

Post by Harry »

Obviously some issue with the video format. Is it possible to watch the video from Photo app? Try synchronizing the video there instead of LapTimer's recording area first. Test playing it in Photo app. In case this works with Photo, try LapTimer again (linking the video now in Photo app). Moving a video to Photo app instead of a simply file transfer may include some format conversion which probably fixes the issue.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
angelok
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by angelok »

It plays fine in the photo app. Here's what I did to get the file on the device:

-Connect to mac via iTunes
-Select photo sync with specific folders, navigate to the folder containing the files
-check the include videos box and click sync. the files move

As mentioned I can play it in the photo app. Is that what you meant by synchronizing the video there?
angelok
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by angelok »

ok, I figured it out...

It looks like the camera device appends some sort of frames at the end if I use it's built-in app. If I use it as a regular camera and copy the DCIM folder, the videos are fine and laptimer has no issues with it. Photo app is able to handle it for some reason.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

O.k., fine. The player is probably not that sensible to issues with frame formats and timing. But I understand you are fine now?

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
angelok
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by angelok »

Harry, thanks for your attention... Well, I think I spoke too soon. It does still crash. I did a little more detective work and I'm seeing this:

It also crashes when I open any lap (with or without video) and I wait on the lap details screen long enough. I go to analysis->lap list->choose a lap and wait about 5 or 10 seconds and the app closes.
angelok
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by angelok »

It turns out I didn't fix it. It still crashes on adding a video, but it also looks like it crashes when I open any lap (with or without video) and wait 5 or 10 seconds on that screen.
angelok
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by angelok »

Is there a way for me to send you the something to help diagnose the problem?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Crash logs are sent back automatically (in developer feedback is not disabled altogether). I do not see there is more you can do. I fixed two items for the now online version 20.2.2, please check if you see a change.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
angelok
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by angelok »

I can confirm that 20.2.2 fixes the problem. Thanks, Harry!