Kiwi reliable?

Discussion related to external OBD and other sensors
joshuajmurray
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Kiwi reliable?

Post by joshuajmurray »

Hi Harry,
Love the lap timer! Been using it for 2 years with a TomTom cradle and Just ordered the XGPS150A and am thinking about the PLX Kiwi iMFD so I can log oil temp and pressure with their SM box. I see a lot of connection complaints about the Kiwi but no real resolution. For that matter I don't see where you've chimed in to confirm or deny the problem. So I'm just going to ask: does it work well or not?

Thanks!
Joshua
Greg@BOT
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Kiwi reliable?

Post by Greg@BOT »

No connection complaints at my side.
Availability of oil temp (or whatever signals) is depending on your vehicle. Not all signals are implemented by car manufacturer.
First it's better to check for yours.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

The connection issue from former versions should be solved in the current production version of LapTimer. As it is wireless solution, it is still more sensible than cabled or internal sensors, but it is fine from my point of view now.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Exigent
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Exigent »

KiWi WiFi cable is completely reliable these days, had HLT and KiWi for about 2 years and the early issues have been resolved. If you are having trouble there is a trick that normally works - go into Airplane mode, connect to KiWi, then return to regular mode and start HLT but doubt that's necessary now.

If you got Rev2 app (or something similar) you can use it to see what data the cable is transmitting or you can look under lap details in HLT and see a list of the data.
2005 996 GT3
joshuajmurray
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by joshuajmurray »

Thanks guys, glad to hear it.

Greg: The SM box is an a/d converter for things like EGT, temp, pressure, etc..