oil temp PID for Subaru BRZ and Toyota 86

Discussion related to external OBD and other sensors
catcha
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

oil temp PID for Subaru BRZ and Toyota 86

Post by catcha »

Hi Harry,

Wondering if you can one day make this happen and allow HLT to read Oil temp in our cars.

I use to run Torque App on Android and it had this feature. which was quite good. But your apps is better recording lap timing and the majority of other features. and I prefer to stick with IPhones cause they are so much better.

The majority of owners of our cars like to track our cars and that's what it was designed for. So having this last piece of information about oil temp helps us owners determine if we need to increase our cooling on our cars, change different grade of oil etc. your app already shows coolant temp which is fantastic.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: oil temp PID for Subaru BRZ and Toyota 86

Post by Harry »

Oil temperature is recorded in LapTimer if available from the car.
Image Image Image Image
rscliofan
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by rscliofan »

Sure I've read this same request before?

May be wrong but I know someone with a 86 and I'm sure he said the oil temp is calculated.

This is common across many manufacturers nowadays.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I can't say anything on the source of the PID. The only thing I wanted to say is LapTimer requests the standard OBD II mode 1 PID 5C (oil temperature) in case it is available.

There has been indeed another discussion on oil temperature. It has been on model specific bus requests because it the car did not map oil temperature to the standard PID... But that's most probably a different topic not in focus here.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
ysuysu
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by ysuysu »

My problem is that while I can see the oil temp nicely on the timer screen, it does not show up on the video. So I can't review later what oil temps I had after the run on the track.

Is there a way to get it display on the video?
Or is there a way to get a log of all the data (rpm, temps, etc...)?

Either would be good.
Thanks

Using petrolhead editions with an OBDLink LX.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

LapTimer GrandPrix has an extra OBD gauge showing oil temperature (or coolant it no oil temperature is available), fuel level, and power developed. You can upgrade your Petrolhead in LapTimer ‣ Administration ‣ Add-ons ‣ GrandPrix Upgrade. A more detailed view of your oil temperatures is available using the various exports. CSV and HLPTRL exports in particular have the full amount of data included.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
ysuysu
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by ysuysu »

That's great, thanks mate!
warmmilk
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by warmmilk »

Harry wrote:LapTimer GrandPrix has an extra OBD gauge showing oil temperature (or coolant it no oil temperature is available), fuel level, and power developed. You can upgrade your Petrolhead in LapTimer ‣ Administration ‣ Add-ons ‣ GrandPrix Upgrade. A more detailed view of your oil temperatures is available using the various exports. CSV and HLPTRL exports in particular have the full amount of data included.

- Harry
Can I choose what I see on the video screen the GrandPrix? or am I stuck with what the preset is?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

warmmilk wrote: Can I choose what I see on the video screen the GrandPrix? or am I stuck with what the preset is?
LapTimer has some options to turn items on and off, but is not generally customizable. I case you have specific requirements you think other want too, please post in the Feature Requests section of this forum.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
warmmilk
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by warmmilk »

Harry wrote:
warmmilk wrote: Can I choose what I see on the video screen the GrandPrix? or am I stuck with what the preset is?
LapTimer has some options to turn items on and off, but is not generally customizable. I case you have specific requirements you think other want too, please post in the Feature Requests section of this forum.

- Harry
Is there a write up / instructions somewhere about where these options are cause I can't seam to find anything. I upgraded to Grand Prix from Petrol Head this past weekend and so far kinda regretting it...

Biggest thing I really want is a number to the coolant temp guage, having just the sweeping gauge guage there with no numbers is kinda useless in my opinion. Either add a number to the existing gauge or replace it completely.

Also, what's the fuel guage? Is it fuel level or pressure or what?