[SOLVED] Video only records every other lap

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
doborder
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

[SOLVED] Video only records every other lap

Post by doborder »

I have a small problem. On each of my track session, I do about 10 laps. I found on my lap list that every other lap has video recording... Is there a way I can get video of the entire session and also the entire data overlap?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Video only records every other lap

Post by Harry »

That's a common request I have on my list.

Currently, LapTimer records a video for a lap and starts transfer to the asset library (Photo app) afterwards. As this process takes some time, it blocks an immediate start of another video recording session. This is the reason LT will record videos for every other lap currently. Time / data recording works for every lap.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Jeff_DML
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Jeff_DML »

thanks, I was wondering why it did this.

Would be nice to just record the whole session, usually 20/25 minutes for the BMWCCA events I attend. One issue that you should check for if you do this is if there is enough room to store the file. I ran into this problem when I ran my first session and just hit record instead of the using the laptimer, it failed to save because not enough room
Timmmy
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Timmmy »

Hi,

I used LTPro for the first time yesterday (V14) on my iPhone 4. I was instructing at an HPDE at New Hampshire Motor Speedway (NHMS) in New Hampshire, US. Things worked great except for I had this same issue of every other lap only having video.

I am wanting to use this as a training tool for students so I really need to be able to have a complete 30 minute run session of video and data recorded so I can create an overlay and share the video wi the student right after the session with the student.

Is there any way to get complete session video and data recording? Or is the hardware limiting this.

Thanks and I hope there is a way to get full session stuff, even if I have to upgrade to the new iPhone 4s in the next few weeks.

Awesome app by the way, keep the updates coming and thanks.

Haydn
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

This will be one of the major new features in version 15. Please be patient, this requires some work and hardware tweaking.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
mwchio
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Video recording skips a lap every time

Post by mwchio »

I was recording the video with my iphone 4s, timer and video are working great except, after successfully recorded 1 lap, the next lap will not be recorded until the third one. Then again, forth one will be skipped until the fifth lap......

Is there a way to get this fixed or configured?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Video recording skips a lap every time

Post by Harry »

Hi,

This topic has been discussed on this forum several times: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=66
Good news is, LapTimer v15 will support continuous video recording.

I will merge this thread with the old one.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
mwchio
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by mwchio »

Awesome! Thanks! When is v.15 coming out. Track day is coming up in 2 days :)
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

To late for this track day...

- Harry
Image Image Image Image