Force Landscape mode

Request and discussion on new / to change features
Draven
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Force Landscape mode

Post by Draven »

Since apple doesn't provide the capability can you add option to lock orientation? Since CarPlay is not allowed I connect my phone via hdmi and output to my screen(added a bypass for displaying video). Works good until CarPlay is added but my phone is in glove box and can switch orientation which makes for hard seeing when back in portrait. Seems like a pretty quick option to add.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Force Landscape mode

Post by Harry »

LapTimer locks all screen used during driving once the speed is above a certain threshold (single digit km/h or mph). This is true for Timer, Speedo, GPS, etc. The problem can be you have your phone flat or something and it will rotate when you start to accelerate from the pits. Try to fix it in a landscape upright position and you will be fine. As an alternative, try the lock screen function available in iOS itself.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Draven
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Draven »

The lock screen is for portrait only. You can't even do assistive touch trick anymore. I had the classic timer in landscape mode and after a few laps it switched to portrait. This enhancement is very simple for mobile apps to implement.

Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Not sure you have read my answer. LapTimer blocks rotation when mounted correctly and while moving. Please use it this way.

I do not use the iOS function lock function myself, this has just been an idea to allow locking even while in a flat position. If it does not work, please go with the approach designed.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Draven
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Draven »

I don't want it mounted. Why is it so difficult for you to add simple functionality. If it had CarPlay I wouldn't have this issue. This is such a simple enhancement. Give me the code and I will update.