CarPlay (iOS) / MirrorLink (Android)

Request and discussion on new / to change features
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

CarPlay (iOS) / MirrorLink (Android)

Post by bulls23 »

Last Friday I was at the preview day od the Essen Motor Show. Being the preview day it wasn't as crowded as usual and I had the chanced to play a little with the App Radios from Pioneer. I really liked it and immediately pictured HLT running on it...would be really nice to have the big screen for the timer view or to be able to control HLT, even if the phone is out of reach (CarPlay / MirrorLink need a cable connection though).
As far as I understand, MirrorLink should basically work out of the box for Android being some kind of VNC client (but I'm not completely sure) and Car Play needs the App to explicitly support CarPlay and needs to be certified. If any of you Android users have an App Radio I would be very interested to hear if you have tried to use it with HLT.
If you ask me, I would be happy to pay for this kind of add-on to HLT.
shadowpuck
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: CarPlay (iOS) / MirrorLink (Android)

Post by shadowpuck »

i've just started reading up on CarPlay, but it sounds like an interesting idea for control of apps on the phone.
Parrot, Alpine, and Pioneer have all released (or are in the process of releasing) in dash units that will utilize CarPlay and/or Android auto. I think it's a neat feature that offers some value in the use of HLT.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes indeed, but it is not yet open for 3rd parties (except you are *very* big party). So we need to wait a bit.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
MadPandaGarage
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by MadPandaGarage »

Hi Harry, just wondering if there has been any movement on this? Carplay is starting to gain momentum and I am looking at a Kenwood DDX916WS unit which has capacitive touch and Apple Carplay which would be absolutely amazing to use with HLT.

(Also just wanted to say I am a Grand Prix and long time customer, close to 8years and I have loved watching this app evolve).
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

No change so far. It is certainly starting to get momentum, but the overall share is still *extremely* low.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Draven
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Draven »

Ok this app must push/lobby for CarPlay. I think if you only allowed it to display when within 1 mile of track you have set to run next.

I just bought pioneer with the expectation that Your freaking awesome app would sooner or later get access. We could do a online petition to try and get app allowed.
Draven
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Draven »

Can you explain what is being done by your development team to get the app added to CarPlay?
I bet if you come with a plan that shows it won't display unless within mile of track then apple would let it.
I would pay extra 10 bucks for the add on! We could get people to donate they Kickstarter and they get add on if they donate.

MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I like these post with "developer team". :-D Team Harry has applied for CarPlay program participation, that's the current status. Even if Apple agrees, I cannot give an ETA as it is not prioritized yet.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Draven
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Draven »

Thanks Harry!!!! Love the product!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mateusz
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Mateusz »

Any update on this? more and more cars are getting CarPlay, this would be a dream application - no more mounts, conveniently placed big screen, sound, etc..