No overlay data in exported video

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
av5150
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

No overlay data in exported video

Post by av5150 »

I recently used HLT for the first time and am having issues exporting videos with the overlay. My setup is an iPhone 6 with GoPro Hero 3+. My iOS videos were recorded upside-down so I had to export them, rotate them and re-link them back to the lap data. When the lap videos are still in "raw" mode and I press the play button I see all of the overlay information, but when I export the video neither the overlay or the PiP video appears in the final video.

Any ideas?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: No overlay data in exported video

Post by Harry »

Please update to the latest LapTimer version, the rotation problem is fixed.

For the second item, you need to send a snapshot of Lap Details (showing the Video section) before and after running Export. I assume there is some handling issue. Please keep in mind an Export will create a new video and store it in your Photo app. The raw video will still be available in Video List.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
av5150
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by av5150 »

Hi Harry,

Here's the video view with the raw files:
Raw videos
Raw videos
IMG_2932.png (117.85 KiB) Viewed 3162 times
Here's the lap view with the overlaid files:
Overlaid video
Overlaid video
IMG_2932.png (117.85 KiB) Viewed 3162 times
Let me know if you need additional information or screenshots.

Thanks!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

this doesn't look like the Export took place. In case an overlaid version is created, the two raw videos are removed from the display and you will get one video instead. Furthermore, the button showing "Export" will be hidden. Please press Export again. In the dialog appearing, do your settings and finally press "Overlay" in the bottom right. This will start the (lengthy) process of creating a new video from the two plus data.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
av5150
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by av5150 »

Hi Harry,

Sorry, my mistake. I uploaded the same image twice. Here's a screenshot of the app after the export has taken place:
IMG_2925.png
IMG_2925.png (104.48 KiB) Viewed 3158 times
Sorry for the confusion!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Do you get the length overlaying process in-between? Actually you should see the result video in snapshot #2 if you go through the process... In addition, please goto photo app and check if you find an overlaid version of the video. In this case, there is some problem with the linking of Photo library and LapTimer.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
av5150
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by av5150 »

Hi Harry,

When I press Play in the lap timer and I haven't yet done the export, I can see the overlay data (though not PiP):
IMG_2938.png
IMG_2938.png (41.22 KiB) Viewed 3150 times
When I tap the "Export" button the process takes about two minutes. These are the options I see in the Overlay configuration before the export takes place:
IMG_2939.png
IMG_2939.png (13.43 KiB) Viewed 3150 times
Once the export completes, the two separate videos are replaced by one video in the LapTimer and there's a new video in the Photo Library. But the exported video doesn't have either overlay or PiP:
IMG_2942.png
IMG_2942.png (38.65 KiB) Viewed 3150 times
So it looks like there isn't a problem transferring the exported video to the Photos Library, but the overlay information (and PiP) aren't in the exported video. Hopefully this helps.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

O.k., so you get a new (additional) video in the Photo apps but it does not have any data overlaid? That's extremely strange. In Photo app (not LapTimer!), please check both the beginning and the end of the new video for any information added. In case it is really empty, export the lap to .hlptrl and send it to me (Harry@gps-laptimer.de). Please add a comment like "empty overlay" so I get the context.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
galante.br
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by galante.br »

I'm facing the same issue. I'm running the version v22.1.4 on an iPhone X and recording the video using an external camera GoPro 7.

When overlaying the video it runs without any problem and when watching the video using the in-app viewer I can see all the overlay data (speed, gas, pedals, etc) but the exported video shows nothing.

I tried to export several times and different laps but the same problem repeatedly happen.

Don't know what to do.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

DG
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Please export one of the laps you overlaid using Video Export that showed not gauges in the resulting video (in Photo app). Use the .hlptrl format and make sure you export only one lap the problem occurs for. Send the export to Harry@gps-laptimer.de and add a comment so I can understand it belongs to this thread.

Harry
Image Image Image Image