Poor resolution of OBD2 data

Request and discussion on new / to change features
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Poor resolution of OBD2 data

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Yes, for the TrackVision export, only a one lap export is available.
In case you want to export a whole track day, you need to use the general CSV format and rework it afterwards.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
hms
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by hms »

Harry wrote:
Finally, with LapTimer v15, you will not use any external overlaying tool any more ;-)

- Harry
Harry, does that mean I should hold off buyiing Dashware, that i will be able to overlay HLT data onto external video?
H
Black S Special goes by the name of Lexie.
JRSC M45, 189.6 bhp JR ARB's, TDR belt tensioner, Steve Heath Rose jointed drop links, Absolutely Shocks GAZ springs and dampers, Alignment by WIM

Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Well, that depends on your requirements, my statement has been meant with a smile ;)

LT 14.4 is already able to overlay external videos, check the Video page in LapTimer's documentation on http://www.gps-laptimer.de

LT 15.0 will add some features that cannot be done using an external overlay software (except with extremely much manual effort):
  • Min and max speeds are inserted
  • The POI you are nearby is inserted
  • Trailer and intro including all the data you have collected in LapTimer
    • Vehicle info (incl. picture)
    • Driver info
    • Lap notes
  • Variable intro and extra times (not unique cp. to external software)
Check the preview - that has part of this features - here.
In case you want to select dashboard shapes and move them around - that's the domain of DashWare et al.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
doborder
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by doborder »

Harry,

I think a lot of us would like to use HLT to overlay external video, but as the way it is set up one would have to cut a video 10 times for two minute lap for a twenty minute session then reimport it back for overlay

If you could make an option in v15 to select the number of laps You want to overlay at one time that would make your video overlay tools more valuable.

Thanks for your hard work.

I look forward to v15
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

At least you do not need to cut down the video in v15 any more. It will feature a synchronization facility you can use to align a lap to any video position (including intro and extro times).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
doborder
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by doborder »

Does that mean ones I get the first lap aligned then the rest should follow the lap times...
I think what u are saying is that if it is still like v14.4 I would still have to cut the video to fit each lap,but now there will be much less guess work because the first lap will be automatically aligned...
Am I understanding u correctly?

Thank Harry!

Mike
orthojoe
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by orthojoe »

doborder wrote:Does that mean ones I get the first lap aligned then the rest should follow the lap times...
I think what u are saying is that if it is still like v14.4 I would still have to cut the video to fit each lap,but now there will be much less guess work because the first lap will be automatically aligned...
Am I understanding u correctly?
I would like to know if this is the case as well. If v15 will do this, then I will be happy.
orthojoe
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by orthojoe »

Harry, I just had a thought:

What if HLT just renders the video for the gauges, timer, etc? Then we could export the video and we could use our own video editing software to overlay your rendered gauges onto gopro video on our own. This would also solve my issue with interpolation. Is this feasable?

Thanks,
Joe