GoPro HERO 2 with WIFI pack

Discussion related to external cam aka action cams and lenses
RaymondAbel
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

GoPro HERO 2 with WIFI pack

Post by RaymondAbel »

a very simple question:
Does anyone make it work with Harrys' laptimer Grand prix Edition?

If how????
I think, I read averything avalable.
Thanks for your time
Ray
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GoPro HERO 2 with WIFI pack

Post by Harry »

I sent you the link to the how-to connect HERO cams already. The most frequent issue is a missing / wrong password to be configured in LapTimer Settings. It is the same password like the BacPac's wifi password.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
RaymondAbel
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by RaymondAbel »

Harry wrote:I sent you the link to the how-to connect HERO cams already. The most frequent issue is a missing / wrong password to be configured in LapTimer Settings. It is the same password like the BacPac's wifi password.

- Harry
yep, but it still someting missing.
I will redo all the reading & see ehere I miss something.
I will email you directly with precise question. May be you will be able to add tthe aswers to the step-by-step
I am sure it is not a password issue because the GoPro start & sop correctly.
It is to be the prime video & stor it on the Ipod5 or Iphos 4s (I try on both) that does not work.

If it may help, I do not see my Gopro on the multi cam apps

Thanks for your time
Ray
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

For the HERO2 (and 3), LapTimer supports remote controlling only. You need to transfer the video manually. LapTimer v19 will transfer footage for HERO4 cams, but not the older generations.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
meterman
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by meterman »

Hi Harry, you just posted to my questions on FordGT500.com about using GrandPrix with a GoPro. I have a GoPro 2 and I noticed you sent the OP a "how to connect" guide, would you mind sending that to me?

I go to Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course on June 1st and I'd really like to be able to get this all dialed in before then. I have an iPhone 6 and a windshield mount. I really want the data overlay, will I be able to get on both the iPhone and GoPro, or just the iPhone.

thanks so much, very excited to use this.

meterman
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

meterman wrote:Hi Harry, you just posted to my questions on FordGT500.com about using GrandPrix with a GoPro. I have a GoPro 2 and I noticed you sent the OP a "how to connect" guide, would you mind sending that to me?

I go to Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course on June 1st and I'd really like to be able to get this all dialed in before then. I have an iPhone 6 and a windshield mount. I really want the data overlay, will I be able to get on both the iPhone and GoPro, or just the iPhone.

thanks so much, very excited to use this.

meterman
For the iOS side, you can use the Video Documentation. The version linked is somewhat outdated (v17) but the step-by-step to connect a HERO is up to date. The upcoming version will be completely revised - especially on how to transfer footage from HERO to LapTimer. Overlaying is always done on the smartphone.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
jafo1701
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by jafo1701 »

Harry,
I just looked up this thread and would like the link on how to connect a hero 2 with WiFi bac pac to my Android device.

Thanks
Thai
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

The named Video Documentation has been updated to address any Android specific difference. It is available from www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation.

Harry
Image Image Image Image