Processing videos iphone vs ipad

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
R4SC4L
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Processing videos iphone vs ipad

Post by R4SC4L »

Would an iPad process the overlaying of a video faster than my iPhone 4S? I'm just trying to work out the fastest way to process videos as my iPhone isn't the fastest.

Thanks
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Processing videos iphone vs ipad

Post by Harry »

This will depends on the iPad generation... I need to add, I have no benchmarks for either, so it will be a question of testing it.

The processing step requiring most power is video encoding. This part is done by purpose build hardware and does not depend on regular CPU power. iOS has a well integrated chain from software and hardware making the overall process acceptable (overlaying on iPhone will require less time than the lap length mostly - which is an excellent result). PCs are usually worse because they either miss such hardware (build into cams usually) or because software / hardware integration is not available.

To get back to your topic: you will probably not prioritize that item that much for LapTimer v20. For anything but exports to youtube, you will be able to watch your overlaid video without actually running the overlay process before. ;-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image