OBDII Gadgets on Overlay

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
TemeCal
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

OBDII Gadgets on Overlay

Post by TemeCal »

Hi all-
Long time (very happy) user of HLT. I use an OBDII bluetooth dongle, to get additional data. When I overlay the video with the OBDII data, the coolant is a simple needle and RPMs just have tick marks.

Is there any way to get the actual coolant temp NUMBER, instead of seeing the needle? What about RPMs? Can numbers be placed in the tick marks?

Thanks!
Last edited by TemeCal on Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: OBDII Gadgets on Overlay

Post by gplracerx »

I don't use the extended gadget because it doesn't have information I need, but I certainly get numbers for RPM

TemeCal
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by TemeCal »

gplracerx wrote:I don't use the extended gadget because it doesn't have information I need, but I certainly get numbers for RPM
Oops…you're right - thanks! Mine does show the RPM numbers. Not sure what I was thinking :shock:

It's the coolant I'm after right now. Does anyone know if I can get the coolant numbers, instead of a needle gauge?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

In LapTimer GrandPrix, you can switch the OBD gadget to a double gauge including oil or coolant temperature (in this order - depending on availability). The switch is located in the second page of Overlay Configuration (swipe in iOS, scroll down in Android).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
TemeCal
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by TemeCal »

Harry wrote:In LapTimer GrandPrix, you can switch the OBD gadget to a double gauge including oil or coolant temperature (in this order - depending on availability). The switch is located in the second page of Overlay Configuration (swipe in iOS, scroll down in Android).

- Harry
Thanks Harry! I do have the GrandPrix edition. I'll get back in, and look for this!
TemeCal
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by TemeCal »

Harry-
My second page shows "OBD II Gadget", but there is nothing next to it (no switches like the options above). Could this be, because I don't get oil temp data? I thought I remember you saying Porsche's oil PID is different, so we can't get them on our P-cars.

Thanks as always!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

You should see None / Standard / Extended options. In case oil temp is not available, coolant is used.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
TemeCal
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by TemeCal »

Harry wrote:You should see None / Standard / Extended options. In case oil temp is not available, coolant is used.

Harry
Thanks Harry. I do see those options. Since they were below, I thought they applied to all options above. I figured "Extended" would give me the most info, so I didn't even try "Standard" Since coolant is what I want most, I'll give this a try.

Really appreciate your help. I sold HLT to another guy I met at the track on Sunday. Everyone is amazed with what it can do, and immediately download it while at the track. Thanks for the great product and wonderful support!
davidwarren
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by davidwarren »

I just upgraded to the GP edition and have a Kiwi3 OBD dongle. Is there a way to get the coolant and oil temps overlaid with the actual temp? I couldn't tell from the above discussion.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Using LapTimer GP, there is an additional gauge available showing oil or coolant (depends on availability). It is very small however. But GP comes with a dedicated temperatures chart (Data Recording) in addition, allowing you to analyse this data in detail.

Harry
Image Image Image Image