MPH and turn indicators way out of sync, but gmeter in sync

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Chad-1stgen
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Chad-1stgen »

Hi Harry,

Feels like I'm beating a dead horse as these days every other track day I have a new sync question. I just finished up a weekend and the track and did some video overlaying and the g-meter is in sync with the video but the mph and corner / straight indicators are a few seconds early. I know i can adjust the data overlay as a whole by editing the end time of the video but is there a way to better sync the speed/corner indicators with the g-meter?

Thanks
Chad-1stgen
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: MPH and turn indicators way out of sync, but gmeter in sync

Post by Chad-1stgen »

Okay looking through the various sessions today it looks like the one I wanted to overlay videos from is off as the initial chart with the green yellow red lateral g info has all of the lateral g's on the straights right after the turns but all my other sessions appear to be in sync. Any idea what causes one of the sessions to get messed up like this?

FYI all of these sessions were using automatic triggers (as opposed to manual recording).
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

This means you either used individual calibration and this didn't work, or you used one of the acceleration presets but didn't mount the device is the corresponding position. Please check the Quick Reference / illustration #4 or the detailed documentation named Acceleration Handling available from http://www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation.

Recalculate acceleration from GPS in Lap Details or adjust acceleration in Data Recordings / G-G chart to get valid values.

There are several speed displays in video overlays. Actual speed is shown in the bottom left. It should be in sync with speed driven. Corner and straight speeds shown in the top left are shown ahead of the position they have been achieved - just like corner names. They are upfront information to allow you to analyse the situation you will see shortly. These displays are not intended to display actual speed.

Harry
Image Image Image Image