iPad mini A1432 (iPad mini 1)

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
EvolutionX
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

iPad mini A1432 (iPad mini 1)

Post by EvolutionX »

I have the iPad mini I haven't been using and decided to erase everything on it and use it just for HLT. Having a bigger screen and the fact is has less shaky video than my iPhone 6s Plus I figured it was a good idea. Doing some testing it seems to go to the home screen when I am trying to do the overlay. Since I just reset it back to how it came new and updated it with the latest iOS I am assuming its processor is just to slow or is there another reason?

If it is the processor, which iPad mini do you think can handle the processing needed? Does it have to be the latest? If so has the video gone downhill on the iPad like the iPhones?

Thank you
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: iPad mini A1432 (iPad mini 1)

Post by Harry »

Which iOS version is installed? I have an iPad mini 1 available here and can check if I can reproduce the issue.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

You could transfer the video and data to your 6s Plus and do the overlay on that. I use a 4s to collect data and do overlays on a Mini 3. I'm using a GoPro for the video, though.
EvolutionX
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by EvolutionX »

iOS is 9.2 Thank you
EvolutionX
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by EvolutionX »

So if i wanted to use the iPad mini as the Laptimer and video as well as using my GoPro 4 In multi mode. How would i transfer all the lspdata and video from the iPad along with the GoPro video to the iPhone for overlay processing.

Thank you
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Export data recordings using the .hlptrl format. Send this data to an email account you can read on your iPhone. Touch the attachment to import the laps. Next, copy both GoPro and iPad videos to the iPhone using iTunes File Sharing. Instructions are available in Video Documentation available from www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation. The iPad video will be linked automatically, for the GoPro video you need to Re-Link (see instructions again).

Harry
Image Image Image Image
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

Harry wrote:Export data recordings using the .hlptrl format. Send this data to an email account you can read on your iPhone. Touch the attachment to import the laps. Next, copy both GoPro and iPad videos to the iPhone using iTunes File Sharing. Instructions are available in Video Documentation available from http://www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation. The iPad video will be linked automatically, for the GoPro video you need to Re-Link (see instructions again).

Harry
Is email better than the in app device to device transfer? I've been using that, but making a connection can be a little iffy sometimes.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

In case you have mail set up, it is by far more reliable and should be preferred. As a side effect, you get a backup too.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
EvolutionX
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by EvolutionX »

Ok thank you. I read the iPad 1 is slow on iOS 9. But no way to go backwards. I tried downloading iOS 7 and installing it. Just gave me an error. May look at an iPad 2. I'm just worried if I go with too new an iPad I'll end up with the jello video like the iPhone 6.

A couple other times it randomly went back to the home screen when I was just using HLT as normal, not doing the overlay. What does that mean? It does it sometimes with my iPhone with some apps as well. Is it a memory problem or the iOS detecting an error?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

When an app is closed and going back to Springboard, it has been either a crash or main memory shortage. The 1st gen Mini had 512MB main memory - which has been ok for iOS7. Newer OSes typically require more memory, late devices are at 2GB now. For the current LapTimer version - which is at the end of a major's life cycle and pretty stable, low memory is the most probable cause for your issue.

Please check the Crash Log FAQ here in the forum. In case you see late LapTimer crash logs, it is an app crash. In case you do not see recent logs, it is a memory issue.

For the video cam, please compare the build date with that of the iPhone 4S. In case it is older or the same, video capabilities should be similar to the (good) 4S. No hard facts from my side here, I'm sorry.

Harry
Image Image Image Image