Creating own track

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
Henry_Au
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Creating own track

Post by Henry_Au »

Hi Harry,

Can not find information on how to create my own track.. I want to create one from home to work and another for the opposite way.. any advice?

Cheers,
Henry
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Creating own track

Post by Harry »

Please check this link: https://www.facebook.com/HarrysLapTimer ... =3&theater

More information on Trigger basics and how to set up a track in detail are available from www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Henry_Au
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Henry_Au »

Thanks again.. I will try the facebook instructions.. the documentations is not clear about the subject.. :)
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

If you take the same route each way, it's going to be trickier. You can't have two sets of POI's for the same track in memory at the same time. Either you'll have to reverse the start and finish POI's to correspond to the direction you're going, which isn't that difficult. Or you're going to have to use the track certification process for each direction, only sending the certification email to yourself and load the correct track from the saved email after deleting the other one.
Henry_Au
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Henry_Au »

gplracerx wrote:If you take the same route each way, it's going to be trickier. You can't have two sets of POI's for the same track in memory at the same time. Either you'll have to reverse the start and finish POI's to correspond to the direction you're going, which isn't that difficult. Or you're going to have to use the track certification process for each direction, only sending the certification email to yourself and load the correct track from the saved email after deleting the other one.

I can change the points and do the start, finish and POIs at least 500-800 meters apart.. so that should be OK no?

How do I set the direction now?
Henry_Au
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Henry_Au »

I got it unless you set a number you do not see the red arrow.. direction is OK now..
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

There are several options available. #1 Select the Map View, long press the trigger icon to get to the Trigger Details dialog. #2 Select Lap List, scroll to your AX track, select the "User Track Set" row, select the trigger to get to the Trigger Details dialog. In this dialog, change direction in the Direction row. The Track documentation on http://www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation has more information on this.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Cloud9...68
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Cloud9...68 »

I replied to a similar older thread, but I don't see my reply on the forum, so I'm going to repeat my reply here, so my apologies in advance if this is a duplicate entry.

I'm also interested in creating a very simple track, just a loop around my neighborhood, for troubleshooting purposes, as my results with Laptimer have been inconsistent, and I don't want to burn valuable track time for the purposes of troubleshooting. The document at this link:

http://legacy.gps-laptimer.de/Tracks.html

in the "Creating A Track Set on Your Own" section, starts off with these instructions:

Using Maps is the best approach to define POIs when you are not 'on site'. Position the start / finish line approximately in the center of the view. Use the standard gestures for dragging the map, and zoom in / out. Do not forget to disable the 'follow my position' function in the bottom right as the map will move back to your current position otherwise.

I don't understand the sentence I've italicized. I don't see a function on the bottom right of my Maps screen that resembles what is being described. In an earlier thread, the author described a cross at the bottom right of the screen that appeard to perform the function described above, but I don't see a cross in my version, either.

I can't imagine that it's terribly difficult to set up a simple track to use for my own purposes (so without the need to upload it to the track database). Could somebody please post a set of simple step-by-step instructions on how to do this in the latest version of the Laptimer software? Thanks.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Duplicate answer on the cross hair:

The cross hair has been replaced by the small compass arrow in the bottom left. You no longer need to touch it, once you drag the map around, the "follow position" function will be turned off automatically.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Cloud9...68
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Cloud9...68 »

Thanks; I must have missed the explanation about the cross hairs. I followed the instructions in the documentation, and have set up a simple track in my neighborhood consisting of a start/finish line, and four triggers, one at each of the four courners of my loop. However, I have several questions, as usual. First, I don't see a way to save the track I've just created. So I simply exited out of the map, went to "Prepare Race", then "Load Track", hoping to see the track I just created, which I called "Neighborhood", but it isn't in the list. Puzzled, I next selected "New Track", which brings up a window that says "To create your own custom track, walk to the start/finish line, and press the 'Set' button." So I did that, and Laptimer seemed to give the "new" track the default name "Track 4", but this track is nowhere to be found in the list, either. So, as usual, I'm totally confused. How exactly do I save the track I've just created called "Neighborhood"? I don't have to submit it for registration, do I? I totally exited out of Laptimer, and then re-opened it, went to Analysis/Realtime/Map, and the track I created is still there, so it must be saved in some fashion.

Another question, back to the creation of the track from within Realtime/Map - the instructions don't really explain what to enter for the "Direction" instruction in the "Trigger" section of the POI details screen. They just say the following:

"'Direction' is a tricky one, it defines the standard driving direction at this point and is both used to display a real start / finish line instead of a checkered flag, and allows LapTimer to detect triggers more reliable."

So, what exactly do I need to enter on the "Direction" line? Thanks.