Overlay delay even with 0s

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
benybendebou
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Overlay delay even with 0s

Post by benybendebou »

Hello,

I tried several parameters to overlay my video. I changed the "Overlay Sync" in the expert configuration until 0sec because the OBD data were a bit earlier than the video.

It's much better now but it has still a delay. The OBD data are approx 0,5 sec earlier than the video. I tried the configure -0,5 but it obviously doesn't work.

Can I tweak in the "Sensor Delays" ? If yes, should I add 0,5 or take off 0,5 to the OBD sensor? It is for now at 1sec.

Thanks
If Money does not make you happy, buy a sport car

Mazda RX-8 Brillant Black 2004 Perf Pack - NoCat/CatBack Toyosport - EBC Yellow - Coilover D2 Street - 231hp
Suzuki GSX 1340 B-King - Laser Xtrem 4 - 190hp
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Overlay delay even with 0s

Post by Harry »

In case data is earlier, video is late. This in turn means video has a bigger delay than configured and it needs to be *increased*.

Any sensor delays except Video are applied during recording and will have no effect "after the fact".

Harry
Image Image Image Image
benybendebou
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by benybendebou »

I don't understand, but the best result I got is when I set on 0s for video delay. The OBD is still earlier than the image, but if I increase the video delay, it get worst!

On this one, the delay is fixed to 0sec
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDzUFyTedi8[/youtube]

And on the one is set to 2sec
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXtp4PhNWKc[/youtube]

As you can see it seems that the video is more and more late if I increase the delay. :-(

Mazda RX-8 Brillant Black 2004 Perf Pack - NoCat/CatBack Toyosport - EBC Yellow - Coilover D2 Street - 231hp
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hard to recognize for these short sequences with multiple shifts... A difference of 2 seconds (zero to 2) is huge, adjustments required are typically +- 0.5 seconds or less. You may provide a track day video which makes it easier to recognize. Furthermore this part can be adjusted after the fact and should be done once you have the real stuff.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
benybendebou
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by benybendebou »

I understand, I made many tries with +-0,5s steps, and it is oubvious for me that the lower the delay is, the best sync I got.

If 0 is better than 0,5 , I don't understand why I should try 0,2 or 0,3.

I'm a little bit confused with those parameters.

I'll make some more tries.

Thank you very much for the help ;-)