Iphone 5s vs 6s plus

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
Chad-1stgen
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Iphone 5s vs 6s plus

Post by Chad-1stgen »

Hi,

I currently have and use an Iphone 5s with HLT. I have the ram mount setup and get marginal video results. As long as I remember to select the lock focus each time I enter video mode I get watchable but not HD amazing video.

I'm considering upgrading my phone to the Iphone 6s plus for larger screen size in my day to day use but HLT is the "killer app" for me and I don't want to get worse video out of it. I've read mixed info in attempting to do searches here so its not clear to me. If I already have a vehicle setup that uses the recommended RAM mounts and still can't produce watchable video without the auto focus lock selected in HLT will I get worse video, the same, or better with the Iphone 6s+?

Thanks
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Iphone 5s vs 6s plus

Post by Harry »

The biggest issue for new smartphones (iOS and Android) is jitter. From my PoV it is pretty much the same for the 5S and the 6S but I have not done side by side comparisons. In case you want to get outstanding / best in class video, I'd recommend an action cam.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Chad-1stgen
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Chad-1stgen »

Well I already use a gopro but enjoy doing pip with the iphone camera too. If the 6s plus (I've heard the plus camera is different than the regular 6s) is at least not any worse than the Iphone 5s then I'll probably upgrade. If it is worse then I'd hold off as long as I could.

Thanks
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The Plus comes with optical stabilisation for *still images*. No difference for videos to my knowledge.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Chad-1stgen
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Chad-1stgen »

Harry wrote:The Plus comes with optical stabilization for *still images*. No difference for videos to my knowledge.

- Harry
The Apple web site says "Optical image stabilization for video (iPhone 6s Plus only)" as can be seen here: http://www.apple.com/iphone-6s/specs/?c ... kwm-iphone
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hmm, so it has probably changed for the 6S... Any experience already? I have a 6Plus and a 6S for testing, but no 6S Plus...
Image Image Image Image