[SOLVED] Issues with iOS5

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

[SOLVED] Issues with iOS5

Post by Harry »

Dear all,

iOS5 is a major release with quite some changes. LapTimer Release 14.2 - which has been compiled with iOS5 - has shown that issues are not only on feature, but sometimes on a deep, technical level. As long as things are not stable, I maintain this thread to have all issues including workarounds at hand:
  1. LT Pro does not start on old iPhone3G or iPod touch 1st / 2nd gen devices -> Fixed in LT Pro version 14.3
  2. LT Pro crashes a few seconds (10 or so) after startup on iPhone3Gs devices -> Fixed in LT Pro version 14.3
  3. Red acceleration vector in Acceleration View point souths to the max -> not yet fixed but can be ignored -> Will be fixed in 14.4
  4. Hot plugging of external GPSes does not work (show up as Available, but do not connect) -> happens with LT Pro version 14.2 and current test versions, not with 14.3; devices affected: Emprum UltiMate GPS, Dual XGPS150, TomTom car kit -> Will be fixed for most situations in 14.4
- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Bgibbs_1
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Issues with iOS5

Post by Bgibbs_1 »

I am on 14.3 but still having problems with the hot plugin of the tom-tom cradle.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, will be improved with 14.4
I assume you have iOS5 installed?

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Bgibbs_1
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Bgibbs_1 »

Harry wrote:Yes, will be improved with 14.4
I assume you have iOS5 installed?

- Harry
Yes. I upgrade to ios5 and then went to the track for 2 days and couldn't figure out why it was not working. Any idea when 14.4 will be done?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Workaround: start LapTimer with the accessory attached.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Viper067
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Viper067 »

I'll tack on to this thread

Just upgraded iTunes to 10.5.1 and had wireless synching enabled with my iPhone (iOS 5). After completing the iTunes upgrade, lost all my apps on the iPhone. After restoring my apps, they have no data ... including my favorite Harry's Lap Timer. I can recreate all the tracks and user data but it doesn't seem to remember that I had the Video Capture feature. Any way to get that re-installed without having to buy it again?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Please make sure you fully synchronized your iPhone past iOS5 upgrade.

You can load both the app from the AppStore and features from LapTimer's Add-ons without getting charged again - as long as you use the same iTunes id. Just try and be brave. The message you will not be charged again is pretty late in the process.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Viper067
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Viper067 »

Thanks Harry ... the message you already purchased is alarmingly late in the process but does eventually appear

I'm guessing this is more of a feature request, but in theory using iCloud will you provide the ability to restore data to apps individually? I believe if I wiped my phone I could recover all the apps and data from iCloud ... but it would be nice if you could just reload data from an individual app and not have to restore the whole phone
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The current mechanism in LapTimer to back up data is two fold. Either you use iTunes's full backup mechanism, or:

Run a full export to .hlptrl format and store the generated file safely.
To restore, send the file to any mail account accessible from your iPhone.
Long-press the attachment in Mail when you receive it, select LapTimer as the importing app.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image