Automatic Gen II, HLT (GP Edition)

Discussion related to external OBD and other sensors
Onejoe01
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Automatic Gen II, HLT (GP Edition)

Post by Onejoe01 »

Still trying to work out the 0hz PID rate. Suggestions from Automatic were not successful. I am on the latest firmware for both Automatic gen 2 adapter and HLT Grand Prix.

Hopefully screen shots below help. As I also cannot authorize GSP/OBD Buddy, I can't follow the troubleshooting steps (Automatic authorization process keeps trying to connect to localhost. Clearing cache and re-loggin in did not help).

Please let me know if there is any other information that can help resolve this.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
IMG_3694.PNG
IMG_3694.PNG (228.13 KiB) Viewed 4168 times
IMG_3693.PNG
IMG_3693.PNG (200.8 KiB) Viewed 4168 times
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

I just rechecked the app registration in Automatic's developer portal and the authorization redirect to localhost has not been set up correctly. I have adjusted it now - please try again. I don't know if there is some processing in-between, so maybe wait an hour or two.

The snapshots show LapTimer is not running the fill request cycle - which is the reason no valid PID set arrives and the rate is 0. We need to get the logging working, there is no other way to solve this for me.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Thanks for sending the log. I could identify the request which triggers an error and makes LapTimer disconnecting and connecting to the Automatic adapter constantly. I have passed the problem on to Automatic and assume they will be able to fix it soon.

In the meantime, you may try turning off Multi CAN request or exclude IAT from the PIDs requested. Enter "010F" (without quotes) into the Exclude PIDs expert setting to do the later.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Onejoe01
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Onejoe01 »

Thanks Harry. Unfortunately, this did not resolve it.

Is there a way I can temporarily exclude other PIDs to increase the PID rate enough to enable me to get only RPM, speed and gear data for my next track event in 2 weeks? I can remove them after the final fix is in place from Automatic.

Thanks,

Joe
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

I talked to Automatic and they told me your car has no CAN bus. This means it is clear it did not work with Multi CAN request turned on. In case it does not work with Multi CAN requests turned off, please repeat the logging and send it again. Maybe there is another issue...

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Onejoe01
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Onejoe01 »

Sent updated log. FYI, Tom from Automatic also got back to me regarding them reviewing known issues with version .108.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

To all:

In case you run a non CAN bus (e.g. ISO 9141-2) car and the Automatic gen 2 adapter, multi CAN requests need to be turned off. Due to a problem in LapTimer up to and including version 19.0.12, you need to tweak some expert settings to make non CAN cars working. Here is the summary of settings by bus type:

Non CAN bus vehicles:
  • LapTimer ‣ Administration ‣ Settings ‣ Expert Settings ‣ OBD Tweaks / Sequential Requests (BT1) ‣ ON
    LapTimer ‣ Administration ‣ Settings ‣ Expert Settings ‣ OBD Tweaks / CAN Multi Requests (ELM327) ‣ OFF
CAN bus vehicles:
  • LapTimer ‣ Administration ‣ Settings ‣ Expert Settings ‣ OBD Tweaks / Sequential Requests (BT1) ‣ OFF
    LapTimer ‣ Administration ‣ Settings ‣ Expert Settings ‣ OBD Tweaks / CAN Multi Requests (ELM327) ‣ 3 PIDs / adaptive
- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Onejoe01
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Onejoe01 »

Thank you Harry! I am getting about 9 Hz PID rate with all gauges functioning.
sbeaudry
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Automatic and laptimer can't link

Post by sbeaudry »

[merged with existing topic]

I was unsuccesful to link the Automatic G2 to laptimer on my 2004 RX8. The sensor list show it as available but Yellow image 1861. I got the automatic webpage and registered. I just got it once. Last weekend I was getting it everytime I was starting Laptimer... and sensor was always yellow.

I tried today it in a subaru legacy 2005. I was able to ge the green but the realtime screen what showing everything at 0 with update at 0 Hz. see image 1859
I was able to see the info on this sensor when corrected to that Subaru. see screen shots

Then I've removed the adapter from the legacy and put it into the RX8 without reconfiguring it using Automatic SW. At that modem the sensor was green in laptime but the realtime screen was still showing 0 Hz update and nothing moving..

Any way to have this work. I've look a few more tread on the forum and people looks to have different issue.

I'm on an Iphone 5S
Attachments
IMG_1856.PNG
IMG_1856.PNG (160.43 KiB) Viewed 4066 times
IMG_1859[1].PNG
IMG_1859[1].PNG (141.62 KiB) Viewed 4066 times
IMG_1861[1].PNG
IMG_1861[1].PNG (160.28 KiB) Viewed 4066 times
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The issue described in viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3143&start=10#p16201 is exactly the one you are facing. Your car is no CAN vehicle and needs the named workaround.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image