v19.0.7(64) very unstable

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
paulthai
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by paulthai »

I have an iPhone 6 with iOS 8.1.2 with the latest HLT.

The new version is very unstable. Seems to crash when I go into the Video List.

Harry, is there a fix?

Thanks,
Paul
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Does it crash or does it freeze? In case it is the later, it is a known issue with access to media. Turn off LapTimer's photo access in Settings / Privacy to work around. You will get a warning in LapTimer and overlaid videos will be stored LapTimer Recordings instead of Photo library.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: v19.0.7(64) very unstable

Post by Harry »

PS: and please update to 8.3. Almost all tests are done with the latest available fix level of iOS (iOS 7.1 and 8.3) so chances are getting better to run into issues with old versions.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Dubbedown
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Dubbedown »

Been having the same problems. Spent the last 2 days trying to overlay some videos. Every time it completes overlaying one lap, the following occurs:

1. overlaid video transferred to photo library
2. HLT is responsive for a moment (I can click Back to get back to lap list), but then both app and phone become unresponsive
3. I have to double tap the center button, HLT window appears and after few seconds HLT automatically restarts
4. After HLT restarts, I go back to my lap list but see no record of overlaid laps (no overlaid icon, videos are no longer linked)

so I have to relink the videos in order to overlay the next lap. The same process above occurs and so on...
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Please turn off access to photo library too. This will skip the step of transferring the video to photo library and keep it in LapTimer's Recording area.

I will run a small beta on 19.1 to track this and another issue. Please participate once I announce it.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Dubbedown
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Dubbedown »

Sure thing
shaq0853
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by shaq0853 »

Hi Harry,

Using iphone 6 plus (iOS 8.4) with HLT v19.0.8(64)
very very unstable, crash when trying to access all sensor list or trying to create new course.
please help, next track day on 1st Aug.

Saxon
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Which language do you use? I just fixed an issue in both version that occurred for Japanese symbols. It will be fixed in the next bug fix release (hopefully before 1st August). I case the release doesn't make it till then, please drop me a note and I will add you to the beta program.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image