Question about GPS Buddy

This forum covers all topics on Harry's GPS Buddy
foobar
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Question about GPS Buddy

Post by foobar »

Sorry to post this in the LapTimer forum but there is no option for "New Topic" in the GPS Buddy forum.

I've been looking for an app that will record my routes and will capture average speed (and current speed while recording), distance traveled (again, including cumulative distance while recording) in English units and allow me to export the routes in both GPX and KML formats. GPS Buddy looks like exactly what I've been looking for, but I can't tell if it supports exporting of the recorded routes - can you tell me if this feature is included? Thanks!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Question about GPS Buddy

Post by Harry »

Hi,

GPS Buddy is basically a trip computer (so average speed, distance traveled, and more is included) and shows current GPS data in addition. However, it does not record or export routes travelled. So the answer is No for several of your questions.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
RalfBolvin
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by RalfBolvin »

I guess this app is in demand in of my friend is also searching for this kind of application,hope he would find that application soon and it would be available for everyone around here...
tombartley
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by tombartley »

Hi Harry,

I down loaded the above app but did not have my iPhone connected properly to my Apple. ( DUMB !)
I guess this is the reason it has not shown up in my iPhone.

Shut down and went back and tried to download again, but it indicates "downloaded" in the apple store.
So I can't re load it..??...I thought if I used another lap top ( and ensure that my iPhone is connected ) and downloaded again this may work...? any other suggestions...?

Also thanks for the "freebee" ap ( when I get it that is..)
Cheers,
Tom.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

This looks like the app is downloaded but does not get synced to the iPhone. Please connect your phone and sync it, that will probably solve the issue. Please check your phone meets the minimum requirements for the app too. In case you run a very old iOS or a 3GS or later, it will not sync because of this. .. Almost all iPhone users download apps from the AppStore app on their phone. That is usually the more convenient way of doing it - no need to use iTunes and synchronization at all.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
tombartley
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by tombartley »

Harry wrote:This looks like the app is downloaded but does not get synced to the iPhone. Please connect your phone and sync it, that will probably solve the issue. Please check your phone meets the minimum requirements for the app too. In case you run a very old iOS or a 3GS or later, it will not sync because of this. .. Almost all iPhone users download apps from the AppStore app on their phone. That is usually the more convenient way of doing it - no need to use iTunes and synchronization at all.

- Harry
Harry your'e a Star....thanks for the prompt reply and even quicker fix... :D :D :D :D :D
mallinss
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by mallinss »

Hi Harry,
Does v19.0 of GPS buddy support the VBOX Sport GPS sensor ? I have one of these and it works like a treat in Lap Timer Grand Prix.... I purchased the two add ons GPS Buddy.... but don't see it in the list of available sensors.
Regards
Steve
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

GPS Buddy as all consumer level GPSes supported (Emprum, TomTom, Dual, Automatic) but not the pro ones (VBOX, ASL RCP).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

P.S. When connecting the VBOX, you should get 10 Hz delivery by "iPhone GNNS". This is because the VBOX injects data into iOS's location stack.
Image Image Image Image
mallinss
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by mallinss »

Thanks Harry...